[Sust-mar] Hike to Celebrate EAC's 35th Anniversary on July 16th

John Brazner johnbrazner at eastlink.ca
Fri Jun 16 10:19:23 EDT 2006

Come celebrate the Ecology Action Centre's 35th Anniversary on Sunday, July 16th with a first-hand look at some of the Herring Cove Backlands near Halifax we are proposing be set aside as wilderness. You will be guided on an approximately 3.5 hour hike back into several lakes and across barren granite ridges with spectacular views of the surrounding area. The hike will be over rugged terrain and will require participants to be in good physical condition. A trail lunch, raingear and footwear for crossing rugged and sometimes wet terrain are recommended. We will go rain or shine.
Meet at 9:30 am at the bus stop/parking area near the base of the hill in Purcell's Cove on the Purcell's Cove Road (approximately 6 km from the Armdale Rotary). The parking area is on the right hand side as you go up the hill just before you get to Battery Road in Purcell's Cove. The #15 bus from Halifax stops right at the trailhead and it is only a 10 minute bike ride from the Armdale Rotary. We encourage biking, bussing, or carpooling to the start of the hike because it will minimize our impact and parking space is limited.

For more information contact John Brazner at johnbrazner at eastlink.ca or (902)446-5342.