[Sust-mar] Come Grow With Us

Julia Kemp urbanfarming at gmail.com
Wed May 17 11:10:32 EDT 2006

Come Grow With Us

The Urban Farm Museum Society of Spryfield is offering a Saturday morning
program for families, children, youth, seniors and others interested in
growing food. The program is called Come Grow With Us.

Families, children and other participants begin on Saturday, May 27th at 9:30
AM at the Captain William Spry Community Centre (meeting room one).

Come Grow With Us involves a combination of short classes at the Captain
Spry Community Centre on growing food, a walk from Captain Spry up to the
Urban Farm property, a healthy snack and supervised gardening in our
garden.  By mid-June, each participant can usually begin to bring home some
of the food grown.  Of course, the first crops are usually lettuce, peas and
radishes.  We often play a game or two in the field as well.

Last year we had an average of 10 participants each Saturday.  Our
volunteers provide support to participants and our Coordinator will guide us
all in learning new gardening skills.  Some participants can only come a few
times during the season, others came every week.  We are keen to include all
people and we value the diversity of people who love to grow things.  Last
year we had two families attend with kids, parents and grandparents too.

PLEASE be part of Come Grow With Us.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.  To enroll, or for more
information contact,

Julia Kemp (Coordinator) at urbanfarming at gmail.com

or call Pat at (902) 477-6087 or Martha at (902) 420-1520.