[Sust-mar] job opportunity - Sierra Club

Emily McMillan emilym at sierraclub.ca
Fri May 19 15:26:29 EDT 2006

Please forward to your contacts
Membership and Outreach Coordinator
***Applicants must be between the ages of 15 and 30 and be a full time
returning student.

Application deadline: Friday May 26th 2006

Anticipated Start Date: June 5, 2006

Job Tasks and Responsibilities

Sierra Club of Canada -Atlantic Canada Chapter (SCC-ACC) would like to
engage a student as our Membership and Outreach Coordinator.  Tasks
associated with this position will include organizing events, representing
Sierra Club of Canada, working with volunteers, and contacting members.  You
will be asked to help organize our summer outreach events, including a large
regional Sierra Club meeting, a small fundraising event and a nature outing
for the general public.  You will also be required to attend various
community events and meetings in order to promote Sierra Club of Canada and
provide educational materials.  You will be called upon to make
presentations as to what Sierra Club stands for and tell about the various
issues that we work on.  Updating our membership database and calling lapsed
members will be a regular part of the job and will entail working with our
national membership administrator.  You will also be asked to update our
volunteer database on a regular basis and to follow through with our
Volunteer Recruitment Plan, which includes writing a range of general and
targeted flyers, brochures, posters, etc and distributing these materials at
public sites, including emails and our website.  We will also ask you to
work on a Volunteer Recognition Plan, which may involve organizing a small
volunteer recognition event. At the end of the summer, you will be asked to
write a newsletter article detailing their experience.

Generic Skills: Strong leadership skills, computer skills, organizational
skills, writing, public speaking skills

Other Information: Knowledge of Atlantic Provinces ecological processes and
issues an asset, enthusiastic, resourceful, energetic, flexible and must be
able to work unsupervised and independently at times.

Employer: Sierra Club of Canada – Atlantic Canada Chapter

Please contact Emily McMillan at 902 444 3113 or visit our website for more
information: http://www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic/

How to Apply:
Send cover letter (important!) and resume including three references (email
preferred) to:
Emily McMillan
Director, Sierra Club of Canada - Atlantic Canada Chapter
1657 Barrington St., Suite 507
Halifax, NS, B3J 2A1
emilym at sierraclub.ca
Phone: 902-444-3113
Fax: 902-444-3116
www.sierraclub.ca/atlantic

* Note that only applicants who selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank you in advance for applying.