[Sust-mar] Market Gardener / Groundskeeper, Juniper Woods Retreat, Nova Scotia, Jun 15 deadline

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon May 22 17:57:44 EDT 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
[plus topical links and resources, below - ed ]

SEASONAL INTERN/STIPEND/BARTER OPPORTUNITY

Position: Market Gardener / Groundskeeper
       http://juniperretreat.org

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: May 21, 2006
Application deadline: Jun 15, 2006
Start date: Jun 20, 2006
Location: Lunenburg County NS, Canada

Organic Farm worker needed to help start Community
Supported Agriculture (CSA) business in conjunction
with Buddhist Retreat.

Love of plants and interest in growing food is essential.
Must be methodical and able to follow instructions in
horticulture duties and customer order fulfillment. Some
lawn care and landscape maintenance is connected with
this position. Ability to use or learn power tools an asset
but not essential.

Work week 35 hours Monday to Friday. Room, board and
stipend ($50 to $100 weekly) provided.

Contact Charles Marrow with a resume at drala at ns.sympatico.ca .
Any questions may be directed to him by phone at
(902) 644-3731. Please visit our web site
at www.juniperretreat.org .

Others with an interest in organic farming, eco-forestry,
Buddhist meditation and Japanese tea might be interested
in Juniper Woods Retreat: www.juniperretreat.org

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds... topical links, resources & opportunities:

Juniper Woods Retreat Centre, Nova Scotia
http://juniperretreat.org

~~~~~

Organic, Sustainable & Pesticide-Free Gardening and Landscaping
About: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_gardening
Gardening: http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#gardening
Landscaping: http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#landscaping
More: http://directory.google.com/Top/Home/Gardening/Organic/

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) - definition, links & resources
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_supported_agriculture
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Agriculture/Practices_and_Systems/Community_Supported_Agriculture/
http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#csa

Why Buy Local?
http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22why+buy+local%22
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_purchasing
http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#local

~~~~~

Intern, defined: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern
Stipend, defined: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stipend

~~~~~

Eco-Retreats and Sustainable Places, in Canada and beyond
http://www.planetfriendly.net/learn.html
http://www.planetfriendly.net/wwoof.html
http://www.planetfriendly.net/community.html#ecovillage

~~~~~

Barrs Corner, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia -- general info & links
http://directory.google.com/Top/Regional/North_America/Canada/Nova_Scotia/Counties/Lunenburg/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_Scotia

]

This message will be posted online at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
SUBSCRIBE to EcoProperty at: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
or e-mail to: ecoproperty-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

POST IT with GoodWork: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
POST IT with PlanetVolunteer: http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
POST IT with EcoProperty.ca: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Questions? Contact us: http://www.planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

IF GOODWORK HELPS -- please help GoodWork! Please
support us in our mission to bring GoodWork to people
across Canada. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006 -- RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1.  Or donate by VISA
or MasterCard at http://www.planetfriendly.net/donate.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 2207