[Sust-mar] The Climate Change Denial Machine

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Nov 16 16:16:09 EST 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

FEATURE RESOURCE / ACTION OPPORTUNITY

[This is a must-see for anyone who cares about the future
of our planet and Canada's role in it. For those who can't
see it, and/or want to *do* something about it, please see
the resources below. -- Peter Blanchard, Planetfriendly.net ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE DENIAL MACHINE
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/denialmachine/
on CBC Nov 15... repeats Nov 17, 18, 19 & 21
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"In the past few years, a hurricane has engulfed the debate
about global warming. This crucial scientific issue has
become a rhetorical firestorm with science pitted against
spin and inflammatory words on both sides.

How could scientific fact, which many believe could
determine the very future of the planet, become a political
battleground, pitting left versus right, environmentalist
versus climate change sceptic?

The Denial Machine follows a small but powerful group
of scientists who argue, among other claims, that global
warming may be a good thing and it investigates their
links to the oil and coal industries.

Bob McKeown investigates why a debate that some
say could determine the very future of our planet has
become a partisan battleground."

Read More About This Story
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/denialmachine/

On CBC-TV:
* Wednesday November 15 at 9pm and midnight

On CBC Newsworld:
* Friday November 17 at 10pm ET
* Saturday November 18 at 1 am, 4am & 9am ET
* Sunday November 19 at6 am & 7pm ET
* Tuesday November 21 at 4am ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[People & Planet Editor adds: topical links, resources...

* CLIMATE CHANGE Links, Organizations
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/denialmachine/resources.html
http://www.Planetfriendly.net/climate_change.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Climate_change
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Issues/Environment/Climate_Change/

* Questioning Business
http://www.planetfriendly.net/business.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Business_ethics
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Issues/Business/

* Activism, Organizing, Educating... how to's, tips, guides and resources
http://www.planetfriendly.net/active.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Activism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Community_organizing
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Activism/Resources/

* Policy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Policy
Public Policy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_policy
Policy Institutes (left, right, green, grey...)
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Issues/Policy_Institutes/
Policy Studies (left, right, green, grey...)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=policy+studies
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22policy+studies%22
Politics & Policy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Politics
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Politics/
http://www.PlanetVote.net/portal.html

* Sustainable Living
http://www.planetfriendly.net/living.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_living
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Environment/Sustainability/Sustainable_Living/
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sustainable+living%22

"Democracy is not something you believe in or a place to
hang your hat, but it's something you do. You participate.
If you stop doing it, democracy crumbles." -- Abbie Hoffman

]

This message will also be posted at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
The Calendar http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

POST AN ECO-JOB OR OTHER OPPORTUNITY:
Post it with GoodWork: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
Post it with PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net
Post it with EcoProperty.ca: http://EcoProperty.ca
Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK IS AN HONOUR SYSTEM, relying on your
payments and contributions. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1. Or go to:
Donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html
Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 3236