[Sust-mar] Cohousing Eco-housing in rural New Brunswick, at Falls Brook Centre

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Oct 3 14:20:43 EDT 2006

[as posted to http://GoodWorkCanada.ca and http://Ecoproperty.ca ]

Building Cohousing Eco-housing in rural New Brunswick

Falls Brook Centre is building connected, cooperative
housing with a hope of net-zero emissions and all
eco-friendly aspects.

We are seeking people who want to move to rural New
Brunswick, live and work near Falls Brook Centre
( http://www.fallsbrookcentre.ca ), or have a second home
near people who are trying to revitalize rural living in
a village style.  We need a critical mass of people who
want to do this, to make it work.

We are in a remote, gorgeous location with hardwood
forest ridges & mixed lowlands.  We are farming
organically, using solar and wind where possible and have
high aspirations for being part of a new 'future' world,
endeavouring to live with a lighter ecological footprint.
We are about 1 hour and 15 mins from Fredericton.

Each of the residential units will cost about $50,000
to $60,000.   If you are interested, please contact.
Tegan Wong Daugherty at tegan at fallsbrookcentre.ca
or call 506-375-8623.

Find out more about FBC's Net-Zero Energy Home
Project and the current design phase activities at
http://www.fallsbrookcentre.ca/netzero/housing.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds... topical links, resources & opportunities:

Falls Brook Centre, New Brunswick
http://www.fallsbrookcentre.ca

~~~~~

Ecovillages, Cohousing and Sustainable Communities around the World
About Ecovillages: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecovillage
Global Ecovillage Network:
http://ecovillage.org http://gen.ecovillage.org
Canadian Ecovillage Network: http://enc.ecovillage.org
Cohousing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohousing
Canadian Cohousing Network: http://www.cohousing.ca
More: http://planetfriendly.net/community.html
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Lifestyle_Choices/Intentional_Communities/

Sustainable Living Links
http://www.planetfriendly.net/living.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_living
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Environment/Sustainability/Sustainable_Living/

Rural Living and Homesteading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homesteading
http://directory.google.com/Top/Home/Rural_Living/

About Net Zero
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22net+zero%22+energy

~~~~~

New Brunswick Sustainability & Environment Groups and Organizations
http://www.nben.ca/egroups_index.htm

]

This message will be posted online at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
SUBSCRIBE to EcoProperty at: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
or e-mail to: ecoproperty-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

POST IT with GoodWork: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
POST IT with PlanetVolunteer: http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
POST IT with EcoProperty.ca: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Questions? Contact us: http://www.planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

IF GOODWORK HELPS -- please help GoodWork! Please
support us in our mission to bring GoodWork to people
across Canada. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006 -- RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1.  Or donate by VISA
or MasterCard at http://www.planetfriendly.net/donate.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 3066