[Sust-mar] October 28th: "Bring the Troops Home Now" National Day of Action

Stu Neatby stu.neatby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 11:13:46 EDT 2006

As a plug, this is pretty clearly an environmental issue, quite apart from
the environmental damage done by the bombing campaign throughout Kandahar
and the use of Depleted Uranium munitions. At the same time that the Harper
gov't is cutting environmental programs across Canada, and leaning towards a
withdrawel from the Kyoto Protocol, $30 Billion in new spending on military
procurements have been pledged by the Harper government (the announcement
were made here in Halifax) over the summer.
To borrow (and perhaps mangle) a phrase from Martin Luther King "Every bomb
dropped over Panjwaii explodes over Halifax Harbour"
-Stuart Neatby
Halifax Peace Coalition

*** Please Forward ***

BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW!
Stop Killing Afghans, Cease all Canadian Combat Operations in Kandahar

As part of a Pan-Canadian Day of Action

Rally and March in Halifax
Saturday, October 28th @ 1PM
Halifax Grand Parade Square

For More information, see www.acp-cpa.ca and www.halifaxpeacecoalition.ca

What You Can Do to Help

1. Be on the Streets on October 28th. We need as many people out as possible
to show the Harper government that Canadians do not support a neo-con war in
Afghanistan.

2. Endorse this event. If you are a member of a church group, union, student
organization, cultural association, etc, please consider signing on as an
endorser of this march. For a full list of endorsers nationally, please
visit www.acp-cpa.ca
If your organization would like to endorse this event, please contact
stu.neatby at gmail.com , 405-9480

3. Help Organize. We need your help! We will need volunteers to help act as
marshalls, to help set up and tear down, to paint banners and placards, to
perform at the event, to help publicize and poster for October 28th and
many, many other things. If interested  in helping out, please contact
stu.neatby at gmail.com , 405-9480. Or come to one of our planning meetings.
See www.halifaxpeacecoalition.ca for details on how to get involved.

4. Donate. We need to raise $3000 in order to make this event big, and in
order to make it something the Stephen Harper, Peter Mackay, and all cannot
ignore. No donation is too big or too small. Please visit
www.halifaxpeacecoalition.ca to find out how to donate.

5. Spread the Word!

This National "Bring the Troops Home Now" Day of Action has been jointly
called by the Canadian Peace Alliance, the Canadian Labour Congress, and the
Canadian Islamic Congress.