[Sust-mar] Gardeners & Eco-woodshop Workers, Windhorse Farm & Forest, Nova Scotia, Oct & Nov

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Oct 4 14:20:06 EDT 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

VOLUNTEER/BARTER/LEARNING OPPORTUNITY

Position: Garden Worker / Eco-woodshop Positions Available

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: Oct 4, 2006
Location: Windhorse Farm, Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada

If you are interested in learning about organic gardening
while enjoying a beautiful lake-front, forested landscape
amidst a community of friendly and hard-working
individuals, please contact Margaret for further details!

We are hoping for farm enthusiasts who are interested in
committing themselves to a stay during the months of
October and/or November.  If that is not possible a
minimum of 3 weeks works best for all.

Full days of seasonal garden work (mulching, late season
harvest, weeding, tool cleaning, garden inventory, etc)
or shop work (stacking lumber, loading kilns, etc.)
in exchange for rustic woodscamp lodging, organic
food from the gardens, and minimal weekly stipend.

Windhorse Farm promotes a contemplative lifestyle.

Please visit our website, http://windhorsefarm.org ,
to read more about who we are and what we do. For
more information or to apply, please e-mail Margaret
Drescher, margaret at windhorsefarm.org . Look
forward to hearing from you soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds... topical links, resources & opportunities:

Windhorse Farm (Gardens & Forest), Nova Scotia
http://www.windhorsefarm.org

~~~~~

Sustainable Skills Experience Centres across Canada & beyond
http://www.planetfriendly.net/learn.html
http://www.planetfriendly.net/wwoof.html

~~~~~

The Eco-Foods Guide
http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#ecofoods
http://www.newsociety.com/bookid/3805

Organic Jobs, Internships & Volunteering
Food, Gardening, Agric.: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?theme=f
CSA: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=rted%20ag,ared%20ag,csa
Organic: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=organic
Wwoofing: http://www.planetfriendly.net/wwoof.html
Food Security: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=food%20sec
More: http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#joblistings

Local, Organic & Sustainable -- Food, Gardening and Agriculture
Why Buy Local? http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#local
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_purchasing
Organic & Sust. Ag. Gateway: http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html
Organic Gardening: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_gardening
http://directory.google.com/Top/Home/Gardening/Organic/
Sustainable Agriculture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_agriculture
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Agriculture/Sustainable_Agriculture/

Eastern Canada Local and Organic Food
Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network (ACORN)
http://www.acornorganic.org
ACORN Organic Resource Directory
http://www.acornorganic.org (click "Organic Directory")
http://www.acornorganic.org/pdf/orderform.pdf

~~~~~

Trees, Forests, Sustainable Forestry -- links, resources, organizations
Eco-Forestry Portal http://www.planetfriendly.net/forests.html
About Forests http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest
Sustainable Forestry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_forestry
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Environment/Forests_and_Rainforests/
CEN Forestry Caucus http://www.cen-rce.org/eng/caucuses/forest/

Eco-Forestry Jobs, Contracts & Internships
http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=forestry,forests

]

This message will be posted online at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
SUBSCRIBE to EcoProperty at: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
or e-mail to: ecoproperty-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

POST IT with GoodWork: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
POST IT with PlanetVolunteer: http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
POST IT with EcoProperty.ca: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Questions? Contact us: http://www.planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

IF GOODWORK HELPS -- please help GoodWork! Please
support us in our mission to bring GoodWork to people
across Canada. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006 -- RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1.  Or donate by VISA
or MasterCard at http://www.planetfriendly.net/donate.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 3070