[Sust-mar] Judy Rebick's insights on social movements

Margaret Tusz King margaret at tatacentre.ca
Mon Oct 30 14:02:31 EST 2006

Please share this through the network:

Judy Rebick, on Social Movements, Civic Engagement and Current Issues
What can we learn from other social movements, like the women's movement, that will help us negotiate our way through environmental activism and change?  What do we need to know about alternative media and radical public discourse?  Judy Rebick, a seasoned activist, feminist, author, broadcaster and founder of rabble.ca will be in the Maritimes to engage with us on these issues.  She will be at Tatamagouche Centre for a free public lecture on Friday November 10th at 7:30pm (followed by refreshments and conversations).  She will be staying on for the Social Justice Institute - a gathering for activists to network, analyze and reflect together - from Friday 7pm to Sunday 1pm (cost: $220 for the weekend).  All are welcome to either or both events.  Tatamagouche Centre is grateful to the Adult Learning Knowledge Centre for their sponsorship of the free public lecture.
For more information, or to register for the Social Justice Institute, please call Tatamagouche Centre 1-800-218-2220 or www.tatacentre.ca