[Sust-mar] Organic Farming Internship, Four Seasons Farm, f/t, Maitland NS

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Sun Feb 18 12:02:44 EST 2007

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY

Position: Farming Internship
Location: Maitland, Nova Scotia, Canada

Start date: March thru November
Application deadline: ongoing

A Nova Scotian family farm since 1992, we specialize
in vegetable and culinary herb production primarily for
restaurants in the Halifax area, as well as for the thriving
Halifax Farmers Market.

The main farm is a six-acre certified organic vegetable
farm with field crops, heated greenhouses, and high
tunnels. Crops include a colorful, delicious and unique
salad mix, numerous culinary and ornamental herbs and
specialty vegetables. An additional property is currently
divided into cover crops, blueberries,medicinal herbs, and a
small woodlot. There is a renovated heritage home on each
farm. Both are located on the mudflats of the Cobequid
Bay, along the Glooscap Trail a popular biking route.

Currently seeking people who are energetic, self-
disciplined, responsible, observant, and enthusiastic
about organic farming.

Farm interns are given the opportunity to learn the basics
of growing vegetables and herbs. Additionally, skills in
harvesting, post-harvest, direct marketing to customers,
and international cooking for the farm. A warm welcome to
those who enjoy hard work, fresh-air, good food, and living
with a diverse group of people.

We prefer interns available for the entire season, which
goes through November, but have limited room for shorter
stays as well.

Stipend or salary based on experience or length of stay.

Those who return to Four Seasons Farm in 2008, might
consider doing so as an assistant farm manager.

TO APPLY: Send cover letter and/or resume to
drnrjror at ns.sympatico.ca  or call (902) 261-2345

This message will also be posted at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
The Calendar http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

POST AN ECO-JOB OR OTHER LISTING:
Post it with GoodWork: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
Post it with PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net
Post it on the Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK RELIES ON your payments and contributions.
Please make your cheque payable to:  People and Planet,
PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada  K1S 5N1.
Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html
Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

.

Listing ID: 3765