[Sust-mar] PEI - Tues, June 26: Oppose US / Canada Integration @ Governors & Premiers Conference

Aaron Koleszar aaronkol at isn.net
Thu Jun 21 13:23:32 EDT 2007

Resist US / Canada Integration
Tuesday, June 26
3:00 PM
at the Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers
at the Rodd Brudenell River Resort (near Montague)
Prince Edward Island

    While many people on both sides of the border and around the world are
going hungry and living in poverty, these politicians and their lackeys
will be gathering in comfort to dine, drink, schmooze, and play golf, and
to increase corporate profits by furthering undemocratic projects like the
Atlantica "free trade" zone, the "Security and Prosperity Partnership," and
the ongoing theft of indigenous land and resources.
    Canada is already busy harmonizing it's laws and regulations with those
of the USA. From no-fly lists to NAFTA; from economic policy to regressive
immigration and refugee laws; from secret trials to deportation to torture;
from illegal imperialist wars to continual ignoring of indigenous rights;
certain interests are pushing further integration including ideas like
joint currency (the Amero), fortress North America, and the "Atlantica"
project. It's time Canada stop emulating and cozying up to the world's
largest terrorist state.

We will gather to say:
NO to Bush and Harper's "Security and Prosperity Partnership"
NO to "Atlantica" and undemocratic trade agreements

Tuesday, June 26 at 3pm: Resist US / Canada Integration at the Conference
of Governors and Premiers at the Rodd Brudenell River Resort (near
Montague). Their conference is scheduled to finish at 3:30pm. Their media
conference is scheduled for 4pm.
Saturday, June 23 at 2pm: We will be meeting up after the Charlottetown
Farmers' Market for further planning and preparations.

The theme of this year's 31st Conference is "Building on Tradition - Our
People, Our Environnment, Our Future."
* Oppose their traditions of colonization, exploitation, racism and injustice!
* Build on traditions of resistance!

Contact <aaronkol /at/ isn.net> or 902.659.2575
   *For more info,
   *If you need a ride or can offer one,
   *If you need a place to billet,
   *If you want to help leaflet, poster, or otherwise assist.

Or go to
http://groups.myspace.com/resisttherich

Directions

 From Charlottetown: (45min) Go East on Highway #1 approximately 20km. Turn
left onto Highway #3 at Buster's service station in Cherry Valley. After
approximately 20km you'll reach Poole's Corner. Continue straight through
the intersection and go 6km more. The entrance will be on your right.

 From Montague: (12min) Head North on Main Street until you get to Poole's
Corner. Turn right onto Highway #3 and go 6km more. The entrance will be on
your right.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Roseneath, Prince Edward Island, June 25-26
The 31st Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers
will take place in Roseneath, PEI at the Brudenell resort (near Montague) June
25 & 26. The Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian
Premiers is made
up of the Premiers of the Atlantic provinces and Québec and the governors
of six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New
Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). "For over thirty years, the governors
and premiers have met annually to discuss various issues of shared
interest, adopt joint positions and agree on intervention strategies for
regional issues." The theme of this year's 31st Conference is "Building on
Tradition -- Our People, Our Government, Our Future." "The 31st Conference
will address several important topics, including-- Outcomes and
Recommendations from the Ministerial Forum on Energy and Environment, held
in Quebec City on February 12, 2007 -- Oceans Management -- Western
Hemisphere Travel Initiative -- The Challenges of Changing Demographics --
Discussions on Canada-US Relations. http://www.scics.gc.ca/

"We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
    - General Rick Hillier

Civil disobedience is not our problem.
Our problem is civil obedience.
Our problem is that numbers of people all over the world
have obeyed the dictates of the leaders of their government and have gone
to war,
and millions have been killed because of this obedience.
Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world
in the face of poverty and starvation and stupidity, and war, and cruelty.
Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of petty
thieves,
and all the while the grand thieves are running and robbing the country.
That's our problem."
- Howard Zinn, Failure to Quit