[Sust-mar] TELL THE CRTC YOU WANT AN ENVIRONMENTAL NETWORK

Peter Watson pwatson at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Nov 9 21:47:53 EST 2007

Submitted by Charlene Young:

The folks who brought you the Weather Network have applied to the CRTC
to create an Environment Network. If you would like to support this
application, please contact the CRTC by November 14! Check the link
below for more information.

Personally, I see this as an opportunity to help create that science and
environment-savvy media corps that we all want, who will be able to
create a context and provide real support to grassroots initiatives.
I've been impressed in working with the Weather Network, and how willing
they have been to showcase our stories. I think this will be very
positive. There's a limited time for responses, so please make your
voice heard now!

Let me know if you'd like the PDF she mentions, it's a large attachment
so I left it off.
_______________

As per our conversation today, here is the link  (as well as a PDF
version) that will provide you with information on what The Environment
Network will be about and a sample letter of support for our
application.

http://www.environmentnetwork.ca
http://twnwebmail.pelmorex.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.environmentnetwork.ca/

If you could please forward this information to anyone internally, and
externally,  who would be supportive of our channel and initiatives, I
would really appreciate it.

The letters are due by November 14th and can be sent via Mail, Fax, or
Online.  Please feel free to call me if you have any further questions
at:
905-582-1568
416-258-8953 (cell)

Thanks,