[Sust-mar] You could win big for using little! Just Between Families Contest 2007

Kari Riddell riddell at clean.ns.ca
Mon Oct 22 13:05:53 EDT 2007

IN ONE WEEK I CAN DO THE FOLLOWING:

Learn new 'green' behaviours
Learn about environmentally friendly products at my grocery store
Teach my family or my roommates how to reduce waste at home
Save money
Inspire others
Reduce my dependence on strained natural resources
Rinse out less recycling at the end of the day (yeah!)
Carry out less garbage to the curb (yeah!)
Help keep the environment clean and healthy (big yeah!)

How do you start all of this?  Take part in Clean Nova Scotia's JUST BETWEEN FAMILIES CONTEST.  This is your chance to practice the first and most important 'R', Reduce... and you might just win a cool prize (one that will help you to continue to reduce) for your efforts!

CONTEST REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 25TH!

Here is how: Reduce waste in all forms (solid waste, water, power and fuel) for one week in October while keeping track of your positive waste reduction activities.  We want you to go above and beyond your normal routine - give up your television for a week, try public transit and keep your car in the garage, hang your clothes out on a line or a drying rack, take shorter showers - be creative and have fun!  It's easy to do and Clean Nova Scotia has many tips to help you along the way.

TO REGISTER AND REPORT GO TO: www.clean.ns.ca/wrw.

You have until October 25th to sign up and your reports must be in by November 9th.  The GRAND PRIZE is a night for four at the nature friendly Liscombe Lodge or one of seven great Tupperware and Down East (home cleaning products) packages.

The Just Between Families contest is sponsored by: Tim Hortons
Waste Reduction Week Presenting Sponsor: Wal-Mart

Supporters: Tupperware, Bebbington Industries and Mabel's Labels