[Sust-mar] BONE CAGE: Play & Art Show October 10-14

Peter Watson pwatson at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Sep 14 12:29:18 EDT 2007

What is our relationship with the natural world? What does it do to us -
as individuals and as communities - if we participate in the devastation
of that world? BONE CAGE is a poetic and darkly humorous portrayal of
life in rural Nova Scotia, where stripping the environment can mean
stripping your soul.

The award-winning play BONE CAGE by Halifax playwright, Catherine Banks,
and directed by Tessa Mendel examines the social costs when economic
realities force young people to work in activities such as clear
cutting.

There will also a lobby Art show during the production. Six visual
artists, Rose Adams, Claudia Mannion, Carol Morrison, Jenny Lamont,
Peter Kirby and Karen Klee Atlin were asked to read the script and
create drawings/painting based on images in the play. The result is a
wonderful collection of meditations on the theme of our forests---in
devastation and in recovery.

October 10-12, 8:00 PM and October 13-14, 2:00 PM & 8:00 PM (Saturday
matinee pay-what-you-can) at the Neptune Studio produced by Forerunner
Playwrights Co-op and presented with Ship's Company Theatre. Warning--
strong language.

Call Neptune Box Office at 429-7070 for tickets or for information,
forerunnerplaywrights at gmail.com.

Clean Nova Scotia is pleased to support this production of BONE CAGE.

Charlene Boyce Young
Communications Coordinator
Clean Nova Scotia