[Sust-mar] Public Litter Cleanup in Sackville everyone is invited!

Kari Riddell riddell at clean.ns.ca
Thu Apr 17 02:33:00 EDT 2008

SUSTAINABLE MARITIMES (sust-mar)
Send your message to sust-mar at list.web.net
10kB size maximum please.

www.sustainablemaritimes.ca
---------------------------------------

Public Litter Cleanup in Lower Sackville - Please Join Us!

Clean Nova Scotia and the Sackville Rivers Association will be holding a
public cleanup on April 19th to celebrate the launch of the Great Nova
Scotia Pick-Me-Up.   We will meet from 10am to 1pm and you must register
and pick up cleaning materials at the Lions Club Ball field, which is
located across the street from the Superstore (if you are facing the
Superstore entrance, the field will be to your right).  Everyone is
welcome as long as children are under constant supervision.

Dress appropriately for the weather and please wear good shoes and
protect your self from the sun.

There will be hot drinks and snacks provided by platinum program
sponsor, Tim Horton's. Travel mugs will be handed out while they last!

Where:

Little Sackville River. Come to the Lion's Club Ball Field on Old
Beaverbank Road across from the Superstore.

When:

Saturday, April 19, 2008 at 10:00 am (cleanup runs from 10:00am -
1:00pm).

Why:

The launch of the Pick-Me-Up prior to Earth Day is a reminder to
everyone that we need to do our part to protect our environment as a
community and as individuals. Clean Nova Scotia launches its Pick-Me-Up
program each spring to remind citizens that they can take action on
litter. This is also a chance to raise awareness about the effects of
specific kinds of litter such as cigarette filters and packaging, which
can choke wildlife and infiltrate water systems.

This year, Clean Nova Scotia shines a positive light on Sackville as an
example of a community that cares and wants to inspire other communities
and groups to take part.

Platinum Sponsor of the Great Nova Scotia Pick-Me-Up is Tim Horton's

Sponsors: Resource Recovery Fund Board NS and The Halifax Regional
Municipality

Questions?

Call Kari Riddell at 420-7927