[Sust-mar] More Earth Day events

Peter Watson pwatson at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Apr 18 03:13:00 EDT 2008

SUSTAINABLE MARITIMES (sust-mar)
Send your message to sust-mar at list.web.net
10kB size maximum please.

www.sustainablemaritimes.ca
---------------------------------------

* EARTH DAY 2008: April 22 10am-12noon.
Help the EAC clean up the HRM on Earth Day. The EAC and Hal FM 89.9 will be
hitting the streets as we participate in Clean Nova Scotia's Great NS
Pick-Me-Up. We're looking to our members and volunteers to join us at the
Sobey's parking lot on North Street and Windsor as we comb for litter on
North Street towards the MacDonald Bridge and Agricola Street. For more
information contact Heather at outreach at ecologyaction.ca or 442-0198

* EARTH DAY 2008: April 22 7-9pm, $5
You Don't Need Pesticides to Feed the World - An Evening Partnering with our
Smallest Livestock Talk + Film + Door prizes. At the downtown Dal campus:
Medjuck Bldg. TUNS 5410 Spring Garden Rd., Halifax.
Join international compost and soil foodweb scientist Jason Hofman of the
Soil FoodWeb Canada East to hear about how healthy soil functions, and how
it is possible to grow more healthy, affordable food while helping the
planet heal at the same time. The presentation and film will be followed by
an opportunity to be part of the breakthrough via CEDIFs.
Admission by Donation to the Ecology Action Centre:  $5 gets you a chance to
win a compost thermometer door prize!
Put on by the Food Action Committee -Ecology Action Centre, Seemore Green
Collective Garden, & Soil FoodWeb Canada East.
For more info call 421-5696 or email:  garden at nspirg.org

Earth Day Party at Bearly's House of Blues! (Saturday, April 19th)
Celebrate at Bearly's House of Blues and Ribs with bands: Heather Kelday & A
Band of Owls, Smokin Contra Band, and Scott Withers & The Whisper Banshees.
Tickets can be purchased at the Sierra Club, the Ecology Action Centre, or
P'lovers Environmental Store.   Doors open Saturday night around 9 pm.
Bearly's is located at 1269 Barrington Street Halifax, NS

Earth Day Celebration at the Home Grown Organic Foods Barn (Tuesday, April
22nd)
Come celebrate Earth Day with the Home Grown crew. We will be serving Pad
Thai and Apple Cider on Tuesday afternoon between 4 - 7 pm.  New members are
especially welcome to stroll on over.
 6188 Allan Street, Halifax, NS.

Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens (Saturday, April 26th)
Join us Saturday April 26th from 9am - 12pm for our Earth Day Native Plant
Sale. Learn more about gardening native, purchase native plants for your
home garden and take an early spring tour of the Gardens. Plant material
grown by our Volunteers from seed collected in the Gardens will be available
for sale as well as material from several local nurseries. A variety of
information booths from local groups will be displayed in the main lobby.
Acadia University campus, Wolfville, NS. For more information contact:
http://botanicalgardens.acadiau.ca/