[Sust-mar] unscented products

Susan Bone info at ellora.ca
Sun Aug 3 12:37:16 EDT 2008

Regarding Ross Mayhew's request for a letter-writing campaign
regarding unscented baby and personal care products....

Fragrance-free personal care products are widely available in natural
foods stores, so I would suggest giving these good businesses your
business. A much better source for safer products.  "Unscented"
products should be avoided as they often contain masking fragrances
-- this means your nose/brain 'reads' no scent, but what you might be
getting are multiple layers of problem ingredients.

Years ago I co-authored the first "AEHA Guide to Less Toxic Products"
which was a print shopping guide for products of this sort. Several
years ago the AEHA (Allergy and Environmental Health Association) of
NS undertook a much more indepth online guide -- it's worth
consulting. Can anyone provide the URL? The old guide is out of
print, I believe, and is quite out of date anyway because of so many
more products on the market.

Cheers,

SUSAN BONE
Susan Bone