[Sust-mar] Job Posting - Ecological Technician with CARP
Andy Sharpe & Caroline Hancock
hancocksharpe at doctors.org.uk
Thu Feb 7 19:13:56 EST 2008
Clean Annapolis River Project (CARP) is accepting applications for the
position of Ecological Technician (Water Quality Analyst). This is a
contract position, commencing March 3, 2008, for a period of six
months. CARP is a charitable, community-owned corporation created to
work with the community and interested organizations to foster the
conservation, restoration and sustainable use of the freshwater and
marine ecosystems of Nova Scotia's Annapolis River and its watershed.
The position is being offered by Service Canada under the Career Focus
program of the Youth Employment Strategy. To be eligible for this
position you must meet the following criteria: Be between 15 and 30
years of age (inclusively); Be a post-secondary graduate; Be a Canadian
citizen, permanent resident or person on whom refugee protection has
been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; Be
legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation
and regulations; and NOT be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI)
1. Undertake monitoring of physical, chemical and biological water
quality in the Annapolis watershed.
2. Participate in both terrestrial and aquatic ecological monitoring
activities, including field collection, data management, analysis of
results and report writing.
3. Support community groups and volunteers in the delivery of
ecological monitoring programs.
4. Work collaboratively with partner agencies to achieve the above.
5. Other duties as required by the supervisor.
1. Post-secondary training in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental
Science, Agriculture, Forestry or related fields.
2. Familiarity with water quality monitoring techniques.
3. Experience in the handling and processing of water and biological
4. Willingness and ability to undertake fieldwork, in sometimes wet,
cold, physically demanding and uncomfortable conditions.
5. Good oral and written communications skills.
6. Strong numerical skills.
7. A valid drivers license and access to a vehicle.
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume, including
references to the Executive Director, Clean Annapolis River Project, as
soon as possible at carp at annapolisriver.ca. Only those candidates
selected for interview will be contacted.
More information about the sust-mar