[Sust-mar] Guest speaker about birds of prey?

Karen McKendry karenmckendry at wildmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:52:46 EST 2008

The Young Naturalists Club is fun, free nature club for kids 8 to 12 years old in the Halifax region.  The Club meets once a month to hear from fascinating guest speakers on natural history topics, and goes on monthly hikes to local wild spaces.  Read more about the YNC on our cute little website: http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Environment/FNSN/YNC/index.html.

The YNC is looking for a guest speaker for our January 19th meeting (10:00am to 11:30am, at the Museum of Natural History), specifically on the topic of Birds of Prey.  We'll be going on a birding trip to Sheffield Mills the following weekend, so members will need to know the difference between an eagle and a hawk!

If you are interested in doing a short talk (less than 1 hour, including activities) on Birds of Prey, to an 8 to 12 year old audience, on the morning of Jan.19, please contact the YNC coordinator at yncns at yahoo.ca.

Happy Trails!

Karen McKendry
YNC Coordinator
"Young Naturalists Observe and Conserve"

http://toolbar.Care2.com  Make your computer carbon-neutral (free).

http://www.Care2.com  Green Living, Human Rights and more - 7 million members!