[Sust-mar] Ecology Action Centre summer opportunity - marine outreach intern
jefnord at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:26:05 EDT 2008
Marine Outreach Intern
The Ecology Action Centre's Marine Issues Committee is hiring a Marine
Outreach Intern (summer student position), to undertake several projects
related to sustainable fisheries and sustainable seafood.
* Assisting with public outreach, including organizing and attending
public outreach events, and liaising with restaurants and retailers.
* Developing public outreach and display materials on marine
environmental issues and sustainable seafood, including materials to be
included in school curricula.
* Assisting with the launch of a national report
* Compiling media materials and photo database
* To develop skills in public outreach and events management
* To gain an understanding of fisheries issues in Canada
* To work in a supportive and stimulating environment, at a
well-established non-profit organization
* Interest and understanding of environmental and marine conservation
* Proficient with MS Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
* Independent and flexible
* Strong writing and communication skills
* Experience in:
* outreach, education and communications
* coordinating events and groups
* marketing, business or design - an asset, but not required
Who can apply:
Applicants must be between 15 and 30 years old, and eligible for Service
Canada's Canada Summer Jobs program. This requires that the applicant have
been a full-time student in the winter 2008 semester (January to April or
June 2008), and be returning to the same program in the fall of 2008.
Cover letter and resume can be sent to Jennifer Ford at
jenford at ecologyaction.ca. Only applicants that are selected for an interview
will be contacted.
Hours per week: 35 hrs/week
Closing date: June 15th, 2008
Term: July 1, 2008 - August 22, 2008
More information about the sust-mar