[Sust-mar] Employment Opportunity - Ecology Action Centre Energy and Climate Change Coordinator
energy at ecologyaction.ca
Wed Mar 19 12:37:47 EDT 2008
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY
Job Posting: Energy and Climate Change Coordinator
The Ecology Action Centre is seeking a permanent and full-time energy and climate change coordinator.
The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is a leading voice within the province of Nova Scotia on climate change and energy policy. The EAC promotes sustainable energy to meet environmental goals, while enhancing the economic development of Nova Scotian communities.
The Energy and Climate Change Coordinator will principally focus on energy and climate change policy in the electricity, industrial and building sectors. Responsibilities also include project development, coordination and fundraising in cooperation with Atlantic Canadian partners, the EAC's Energy Issues Committee and energy project staff.
The coordinator reports to the Ecology Action Centre energy issues committee.
· Work in the beautiful city of Halifax in the EAC's eco-renovated office with 25 other dedicated staff.
· EAC's decentralized organizational structure provides opportunities for flexibility, autonomy, and creativity.
· Work with other energy and climate change coordinators in New England and Eastern Canada through the Atlantic Canada Sustainable Energy Coalition.
· Paid vacation and benefits package
· Monitoring, researching and shaping climate change and energy policy in Nova Scotia
· Communications through media, website and publications
· Participation in stakeholder consultations and advisory boards, including utility board interventions
· Coalition building
· Liaising with national, international and regional environmental organizations
· Identifying strategic opportunities to reduce GHG emissions
· Managing project finances, volunteer activities and fundraising
· Project oversight and development
· Participating in and supporting the overall work of the Ecology Action Centre
Skills and Experience
· Previous experience in climate change and energy policy
· Knowledge of provincial politics
· Knowledge of demand side management, energy efficiency, and combined heat and power and renewable energy issues
· Proven ability to write media releases and liaise with the media
· Proven campaigning and strategic thinking skills
· Effective at networking and coalition-building
· Ability to work under deadlines and self-motivated
· Fundraising and grant-writing experience
· Strong time management skills and an ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Masters degree or equivalent work related experience
Start: June 2nd, 2008
Wage: $37,500 per annum - subject to increase
37.5 hour work-week
Four weeks paid vacation
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Application: Cover letter, resume and three references
Deadline: 4:00 pm, April 25th, 2008
Attention: Brendan Haley, energy at ecologyaction.ca, with subject line: Energy Coordinator
We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews will take place late April/early May.
The Ecology Action Centre was founded in 1971 and is one of Nova Scotia's most active environmental organizations. The Centre welcomes new members and volunteers: www.ecologyaction.ca
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Job Posting - EAC Energy and Climate Change Coordinator.pdf
Size: 110404 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://list.web.net/archives/sust-mar/attachments/20080319/9b0110fa/attachment.pdf
More information about the sust-mar