[Sust-mar] Join us for a Free Screening of the documentary "Strong Coffee" & Celebrate National Fair Trade Weeks

Satya Ramen info at judesfairtrade.ca
Mon May 5 12:45:45 EDT 2008

Hello:

Below is an event posting I was hoping you would be able to include in the
Sust Mar listserve.  I’ve attached the poster, but I know that’s hard for
you to include.

Many thanks,

Satya Ramen

Development Coordinator

JUDES (Just Us! Development and Education Society)

info at judesfairtrade.ca

www.judesfairtrade.ca

Tel: 902-542-7474

Cell: 902-877-0263

Choose Fair Trade and Everyone Wins!  Help us celebrate National Fair Trade
Weeks May 1 - 15, 2008 by choosing Fair Trade products and looking for
events in your community.

National Fair Trade Weeks (May 1 – 15, 2008) bring together businesses and
community members to raise awareness of Fair Trade and its benefits – both
for the environment and for farmers in developing countries.  The 2008 theme
is “Choose Fair Trade: Everyone Wins” symbolizing the partnership between
producers, Fair Trade retailers, and consumers in finding ways to support
small farmers around the world.

In celebration, Just Us! and JUDES will be offering a free screening of
Strong Coffee (www.strongcoffeefilm.com), a 45 minute documentary that
captures Café Femenino and its role in creating better lives for women
coffee farmers in Peru, representing the most powerful potential of Fair
Trade in creating positive social impacts for farming communities.

Where:  Al Whittle Theatre, Main Street, Wolfville

When:  8 pm, Thursday, May 8, 2008

Please feel free to circulate this information to family, friends,
colleagues, and students, and apologies for any cross-postings.

This event also supports the Town of Wolfville as the first Fair Trade town
in Canada.  To find out more about Fair Trade, please visit JUDES at
www.judesfairtrade.ca or TransFair Canada www.transfair.ca.

We hope you can join us!