[Sust-mar] Social Forum A Home Grown Strategy for Island Agriculture; Tuesday May 20, 2008

IBS ibs_pei at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 15:17:13 EDT 2008

The Institute for Bioregional Studies Ltd. (IBS), invites you to join our Tuesday Night Social Forums; 114 Upper Prince Street.   Each event begins at 7:00 p.m. and includes a presentation followed by informal discussion.  There is no fee however, participants are asked to bring something for potluck supper to share during the discussion. The intent is to build a community action network by sharing ideas and informing each other about issues affecting our future.

Please note that forum dates may be subject to change. Call (902-367-0390) to confirm the date, and your participation.

A Home Grown Strategy for Island Agriculture and Agri-Food (May 20, 2008)
The intent of this forum is to highlight the approaches taking place that are contributing to a strengthened agricultural and food system.  We’ll examine agriculture and agri-food policy from the perspective of impacts and issues that are felt at the community level. Moreover, we’ll discuss local and regional efforts that contribute to social, cultural, ecological and economic sustainability and the growing consumer demand for food products that are ethically and ecologically produced for Canadians by Canadian farmers making liveable incomes through value chains.

Note:
In preparation for the discussion, you might want to read our discussion paper on our web site: www.ibspei.ca

 Phil Ferraro and Nancy Willis
Institute for Bioregional Studies Ltd.
114 Upper Prince Street, Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island Canada  C1A 4S3
"Restoring Community, Protecting the Land and Informing the Earth’s Stewards"
www.ibspei.ca