[Sust-mar] Apprentice/Dog Handler, intern/barter, Northwoods Survival, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Nov 11 15:48:29 EST 2008

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY

(unpaid internship/learning position; cabin and meals provided)

Position: Apprentice/Dog Handler

Location: Knowlesville, New Brunswick

Wilderness Survival Training and Outdoor Pursuits School

in beautiful Carleton County, New Brunswick.

Northwoods Survival is a family owned, community-based

business whose ideology is to live what we teach, by

demonstrating self-reliance and conscious environmental

stewardship.

We offer workshops in basic, intermediate and advanced

wilderness survival courses and guided canoe and salmon

fishing trips. During the winter months we offer winter

camping, travel and dog sledding workshops. We at NWS do

our best to offer hands-on experiential learning for those who

would like to deepen their understanding of traditional and

modern wilderness living skills while learning how to wisely

use and respect our Acadian Forest. We welcome participants

of all skill-levels.

We are offering a learning opportunity for an apprentice to

spend time with us this winter learning what it takes to

train and run a recreational dog team. We offer a cabin and

meals in exchange for keen involvement with our wilderness

school and homestead. The experience we offer is not limited

to dog mushing but includes other aspects of homesteading.

We raise Cotswold sheep and barred plymouth rock chickens,

we also have a small greenhouse and organic kitchen gardens.

We are located amidst the acadian forest and surrounded by

trails and rivers, snow shoeing, skiing and wilderness

exploration there is no limit to what can be experienced at

Northwoods Survival.

The position is open now, we will close for Christmas

holidays 22 Dec to 2 Jan. Similar to that of a WWOOFing

experience you can for one week or more. We offer summer

opportunities as well.

For questions, queries or to submit your resume please

contact Shannon or Jeff by emailing:

herbert6 at nb.sympatico.ca

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at

GoodWorkCanada.ca.

PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:

(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.

(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.

(3) Contribute if you can: http://planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html

POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:

GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net

Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/

Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at

the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.

Please make your cheque payable to:  People and Planet,

PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada  K1S 5N1.

Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html

Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html

(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,

and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the

accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do

not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.

It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details

with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable

precautions before accepting employment, a contract or

any other arrangement.

This posting will also be published online.

Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca