[Sust-mar] Sustainable Activism - Muriel Duckworth at 100 years old

Pat Kipping (home) kipper at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 23 08:35:56 EDT 2008

Do you think you'll be able to sustain your activism until you're 100
years old?  Do you aim to be standing up and speaking out when you're
100?
Here's your opportunity to meet and celebrate Muriel Duckworth who has
done just that.

Next Sunday afternoon, Nov 2 at the Rebecca Cohn Auditorium at the
Dalhousie Arts Centre a hundred voices will be raised in song at
"Stand up!  Speak Out! The Muriel Duckworth 100th Birthday Concert".
Reception begins at 2pm and the Concert at 3. The Oxfam Canada website
linked below has all the details - list of performers, where to buy
ticket, more info about the Oxfam Duckworth Fund for Active Global
Citizenship that is being launched at the concert.   There are also
links to two feature articles from last Saturday's Halifax Chronicle
Herald about Muriel, the Concert and the Duckworth Fund.

http://www.oxfam.ca/news-and-publications/events/muriel-duckworths-100th-birthday-concert-and-celebration

http://thechronicleherald.ca/ArtsLife/1085356.html

http://thechronicleherald.ca/ArtsLife/9008929.html

If you would like a poster to post and circulate, please contact me
directly and I can send it to you.  (I don't think Sust-mar  accepts
attachments)

I'd appreciate if you could circulate this to your networks,
especially in Halifax but beyond as well.  People are coming from
Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Cape Cod and Central America.
There could be other travellers I don't know about.  It's going to be
a fine concert! Muriel and many of her family members will be
present.  I heard just a small part of a rehearsal on Monday night and
it is going to be glorious music.

I hope to see you there!
Pat