[Sust-mar] "Living on Earth as if we want to stay" tour coming to the Maritimes

Peter Watson pwatson at chebucto.ns.ca
Mon Sep 1 00:33:32 EDT 2008

Join author Mike Nickerson and activist Donna Dillman for a discussion on
sustainability, visiting over two dozen communities in the Maritimes in
September.

One by one, people are realizing that human activity cannot
grow forever on a finite planet. When enough people understand this, the
conventional wisdom will shift. It will move from:
" Our purpose is to expand production and consumption,"
to,
" Our purpose is to enjoy living while managing the planet for
generations to come."

Mike, a long-time sustainability educator and author of Life, Money &
Illusion: Living on Earth as if we want to stay," along with his wife,
Donna, the uranium activist who went 68 days without food last fall to
protest exploration near their home in eastern Ontario, are

The Maritime dates and venues are noted below (with an indication
showing where the uranium  presentation will take precedence).  If you
are so inclined, we would appreciate your help in getting the following
message out to your friends, family and colleagues in the Maritimes and
perhaps we'll see you along the way. For more info, see websites below.

============

September 3
Fredericton, NB
Organized by the Conservation Council of New Brunswick
Conserver House, 180 St. John St.
7:00 pm

============

September 4
Fredericton, NB
Fredericton North Rotary
Fredericton Inn
12:00 noon
by invite only, contact the Rotary Club

============

September 4
Cocagne, NB
Pays de Cocagne Sustainable Development Group
In the science room at the Blanche Bourgeois School
Entrance is from Route 535.
7:00 pm

============

September 5
Saint John, NB
Saint John Library
1 Market Square
1 -2 pm and 5-9 pm

============

September 6
Moncton, NB
Grand Salle at the Aberdeen Centre
140 Botsford St. at Saint George
evening

============

September 7
Charlottetown, PEI
Institute for Bioregional Studies
114 Upper Prince Street
6:30 p.m. for a pot luck supper followed by a presentation

============

September 8
Truro, NS
Nova Scotia Agricultural College
Room 257 in the Cox Building
12:00 - 12:50
A followup discussion will follow with the
Campus Sustainability Initiative
4:30

============

September 10
Brookfield, NS
Knox United Church Hall
7:00 pm

7:00 pm

community potluck at 6:00,
Discussion at 7:30 pm.

============

September 13
Annapolis Royal, NS
8 to 11 a.m.
OARA sponsoring booksigning at:
Farmers Market

=====

September 13
Digby, NS
12pm-1pm lunch, meet Board Members and Digby Councillors
1pm-2pm - public presentation of "Living on Earth as if we want to Stay
Digby Municipal Building
Sponsored by: Southwest Nova Biosphere Reserve Association (SNBRA) &
the Municipal Representatives of Digby

=====

September 13
Bear River, NS
Oakdene uranium group
Oakdene School
7:00 pm

============

September 14
Digby Neck, NS
community potluck
Rossway Baptist church hall in Rossway
OARA meeting
family event
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

============

September 15
Yarmouth , NS
Yarmouth Library
12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
405 Main Street

===

September 15
Yarmouth, NS
Yarmouth Library
6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
405 Main Street

============

September 16
Wolfville, NS
Wolfville Rotary
12:15 lunch
at the Old Orchard Inn at exit 11 off the 101
by invite only, contact the Rotary Club

=====

September 16
Wolfville, NS
1869 Melanson Rd.
6:00 pm pot luck followed by talk and discussion.

============

September 17
Deep Cove, NS
Rotary Club of Halifax Northwest
at Deep Cove is about an hour from Halifax
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
by invite only, contact the Rotary Club

============

September 17
Halifax, NS
Room 104, Dalhousie Law School,
6061 University Ave.
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm

============

September 19 - 21
Pictou, NS
Conference

============

September 22
Charlottetown, PEI
University of Prince Edward Island
Intro. ES course
11:30 am

============

September 23
Bayside, NB
7:00 pm  location to be announced.

============

	*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

	"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful
	committed citizens can change the world,
	indeed it's the only thing that ever has."
                		            Margaret Mead

		http://www.SustainWellBeing.net

Sustainability Project - 7th Generation Initiative
RR #3
Lanark, Ontario
K0G 1K0

phone (613) 259-9988