[Sust-mar] Cool Truro eco-fair! Sept. 12-13

Andy O'Brien solarhomes at ecologyaction.ca
Fri Sep 5 08:06:10 EDT 2008

From: info at smartsmarket.com
Subject: Cool Truro eco-fair! Sept. 12-13

  Cool Truro is a campaign and contest to reduce electricity use.  As the
earth heats up, and energy and fuel sources burn up, we’re doing
something cool.  We’re cutting costs and carbon together in Truro.
The project is being lead by the Living Earth Council with support from the
Town of Truro,CORDA, Conserve Nova Scotia, Nova Scotia Power, and the
federal Eco-Action program.  We’re launching Cool Truro at a community
rally on Friday September 12, 7 pm, at CEC at Lorne St., Truro.  This will
be a variety evening of cool comedy, music, and presentations.  Guests
include Gavin Crawford (This Hour Has 22 Minutes, How Do You Solve a Problem
Like Maria?),Tamara Fifield (our Maria top contender), plus some top
musicians with Truro connections. Truro’s first-ever Eco-information
Fair will also take place at CEC on Friday the 12th of Sept. from 6 -10 pm,
and Saturday the 13th from 10 am to 3 pm.  Organizations such as Conserve
Nova Scotia and the Ecology Action Centre will be there.  Workshops for both
residents and businesses will be offered.  These will cover energy
efficiency tips and incentives.  We also would like to provide space at the
Eco-Fair for local organizations and businesses with an eco-achievement,
service, or product to offer.  This is a great chance to let local folks in
on your efforts to green things up and cool things down. There is no charge
for participating in the Eco-Fair; but there is a request: we ask not only
that your business or organization join us for the launch rally, but that
you register for the Cool Truro power reduction plan and pledge.  Details
can be found at www.cooltruro.ca.  To take part or hear more, please call
Debby or Mark at 896-0184 or e-mailm.austin at xplornet.com.