[Sust-mar] Justice for artists

The Review editor at policyreview.ca
Fri Sep 5 11:26:35 EDT 2008

The September issue of The Nova Scotia Policy Review deals with justice for artists, the value of culture amid federal cuts to the arts, public gains from private land conservation, our contradictory approaches to energy conservation, an alternative for high school drop-outs, the ethics of government dealings, the power of literacy, four myths that limit learning, the remarkable decline in disability benefits in Nova Scotia and the spectacular climb in workers compensation benefits, the growing number of children in provincial care, how Nova Scotia and St. John's are responding to poverty, the pros and cons of our waste management strategy, culture as a social policy tool, the demise of the CBC Radio Orchestra, a new name for inequality, and why the Halifax Herald Limited is officially supporting two of our provincial parties.

The Nova Scotia Policy Review is an independent quarterly magazine for inquiring individuals, concerned policy makers and critical visionaries. Each issue tackles politics, culture and justice with style and spark, drawing on a wide range of voices to pose real solutions to pressing problems.

Subscribe at www.policyreview.ca or email editor at policyreview.ca for a sample copy.