[Sust-mar] Ecology ACtion Centre event announcement

Ruth & Herb gamberg at dal.ca
Wed Sep 24 10:56:16 EDT 2008

Hello Peter,

I'm not very computer literate.  Please let me know if this works for you.

Ruth Gamberg

gamberg at dal.ca

422-9459

Ecology Action Centre is hosting a panel on "CARBON JARGON: MAKING SENSE OF CAP & TRADE AND CARBON TAX"

6-7 pm, Monday, October 6th.     Room 105, Law School, Dalhousie

Hear Meinhard Doelle, Environmental Law, Dalhousie and Leslie Malone, Environment Northeast, PEI discuss:

What are cap & trade and carbon tax?  How do they work?  Do they significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions?  Who pays?  What are the overall economic implications?  What can we learn from the experience of other countries?

Get the basic facts.  Then go to the Halifax riding all-candidates' debate at 7 pm, Student Union Building, and ask the candidates about their positions.