[Sust-mar] Canadian Land Trust Alliance Conference, Sept. 24-26

nature at nsnt.ca nature at nsnt.ca
Wed Aug 19 09:43:31 EDT 2009

Canadian Land Trust Alliance Conference, Halifax, NS - Sept.24-26

I?m pleased to tell you that the Canadian Land Trust Alliance has
chosen to have their annual conference in Halifax this year!  The
conference will take place from Fri, Sept.25 ? Sat, Sept.26, with an
optional ?pre-day? on Sept.24.  The conference is packed with a wide
range of workshops that will interest anybody who is working or
volunteering in land conservation, land management, regional planning,
or property and estate law.

There are workshops big and small.  There is a sea kayaking field
trip.  There?s a reception at Keith?s Brewery, and a Gala Dinner.
There?s something for everyone!

Workshop themes span the whole gamut.  They were selected based, in
part, on feedback from land conservation-related organizations in
Atlantic Canada.  Those working with land trusts, ENGOs, governments,
or in the private sector should find workshops to suit their needs.
Board members, staff, managers, lawyers and estate planners, and
people interested in landscape planning will all find workshops of
interest at this conference.

There is also a special, double session (5D in the program) for Nova
Scotian only groups to come together and focus on Nova Scotian
opportunities, policies, incentives, and more, in Nova Scotia.

The registration fees, program, and all the other details you need are
now on the CLTA website: http://clta.ca/en/events/.

Register before Aug.24 and save $35!

It is quite an opportunity and honour to host this national
conference.  I hope I will see you there!

Karen McKendry
Private Land Conservation Facilitator and
Conservation Coordinator (Species at Risk)
Nova Scotia Nature Trust
1657 Barrington St., Suite 517
P.O. Box 2202
Halifax, Nova Scotia