[Sust-mar] Farmers Markets and Rail: Volunteer Opportunity with the Ecology Action Centre
lugekaz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 10:05:02 EDT 2009
Volunteer Position Posting
Farmers’ Market Train Feasibility Study Coordinator
The Transportation Issues Committee of the Ecology Action Centre is seeking
a volunteer part-time coordinator for a feasibility study on a farmers’
market train project. The coordinator will be expected to contribute 6
hours per week for a total of 7 weeks, and present the findings to the
Transportation Issues and Food Action Committees at the Ecology Action
• Report to and work with the Transportation Issues and Food Action
• Research Nova Scotia railways and recommend a route for the farmers market
• Estimate costs of implementation
• Identify and communicate with potential partner organizations and funders
• Prepare a report detailing findings and recommendations
• Make presentations outlining contents of the report to the Transportation
Issues and Food Action Committees on November 2nd and November 16th.
Qualifications / Skills:
• Knowledge of / interest in sustainable transportation and/or food issues
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Experience in producing reports and making presentations.
• Ability to work independently and seek assistance when needed.
• Experience working on community based projects an asset.
An advisory committee made up of representatives from the Ecology Action
Centre’s Food Action and Transportation Issues Committees will provide
guidance and advice as needed. The coordinator will meet with the advisory
committee once a month to provide progress reports and to discuss any
Start Date: September 14th, 2009
End Date: November 16th, 2009
Time Commitment: 6 hours per week for 7 weeks on a volunteer basis
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Application Deadline: September 7th, 4:00pm
Application: Please e-mail cover letter and resume to Louise Hanavan,
lugekaz at gmail.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Thank you to all applicants
for your time and interest.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: fm train.doc
Size: 31232 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the sust-mar