[Sust-mar] Employment Opportunity: Political Campaign Director
slabchuk at eastlink.ca
slabchuk at eastlink.ca
Sun Feb 15 00:40:37 EST 2009
Employment Opportunity: Political Campaign Director
Position Title: Political Campaign Director
Position Type: Full time
Job Location: National Party Headquarters, Ottawa
The Green Party of Canada’s new Political Campaign Director (PCD) position will be the Party's senior staff person responsible for central Party campaigns. As PCD, you’ll oversee the campaign planning process, election readiness, organizing and communication and other functions related to campaigns. You’ll work closely with the Leader, Executive Director and the Campaign Committee (CC) to formulate and achieve the Party’s goals.
You should be strongly motivated and willing to work at a salary level that is less than market for this senior level position.
* Preparing, in consultation with the CC, a detailed, functional plan for each campaign.
* Managing the day to day execution of the campaign plan unless a Campaign Manager is appointed by Federal Council.
* Ensuring that tools and records relevant to a successful campaign are maintained in a state of readiness, and where applicable in both official languages.
* Ensuring all Units of the Party are prepared for the election prior to the election being called.
* Coordinating campaign training, in both official languages.
* Coordinating with and develop good working relationships with regional Units of the Party and Electoral District Associations in order to assist with and assess their state of campaign readiness.
* Working with the Executive Director to cultivate positive strategic relationships with provincial and municipal Green parties.
* Collaborating with the Executive Director in the hiring and administration of central Party campaign staff.
* Proficiency in both official languages is an asset.
* Working knowledge of the Green Party of Canada’s history, structure and policies
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
* Demonstrate leadership, planning, and organizational abilities.
* Previous political organizing experience, or experience as a candidate, campaign manager, or campaign worker is strongly recommended.
* The ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task is essential.
Applicants must not be a member of another federal political party.
How to Apply
Please send resume or questions to pcd at greenparty.ca.
Deadline for applications is February 27, 2009.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More information about the sust-mar