[Sust-mar] NEW COURSE - Revolution of the Mind: Transformative Learning for Sustainable Living

Saskia Tait saskiatait at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 18:15:39 EST 2009

Revolution of the Mind: Transformative Learning for Sustainable Living

New Earth Institute course starts in February 2009

Open for registration now!

We are excited to offer the Revolution of the Mind course in Nova
Scotia as one of the first offerings of the New Earth Institute, which
is an organization that is evoking new solutions to the pressing
problems we are facing today through transformative, holistic
educational processes.

In these critical times, we need new forms of leadership and a new
generation of change agents who have a genuine appreciation for the
inner and outer dimensions of healthy, sustainable transformation.

To this end, the "Revolution of the Mind" will introduce participants
to revolutionary integral frameworks, processes and tools that have
been developed by various leaders in systems change around the world.
Through facilitated personal and group exploration of these models,
they will come to life and will enable participants to apply what they
have learned effectively in their respective fields.

The course is based on integral, contemplative models of education and
wisdom traditions. It will engage both 'inner' (personal, mental,
spiritual) and 'outer' (cultural, social, environmental, economic)
dimensions of beneficial personal and social transformation. The
systems of knowledge and approaches usually applied to the challenges
we face in the world will be complimented and enhanced through
familiarization with the intelligence that comes through inquiry and
redefining concepts. In short, this will be a process of learning how
our every thought and action is an opportunity to impact the planet
positively. The intention is to inspire new, holistic solutions and
the leadership to address the most pressing ecological and social
concerns of modern life.

The course will benefit individuals, organizations and communities
seeking more holistic, integral and dynamic pathways to a bright and
sustainable future. The fruit of the process for participants is a
more integrated, personal sense of direction, purpose and vision in
whatever field s/he is engaged in and committed to.

Revolution of the Mind will be delivered over 8 weekly 3-hour evening
sessions. It will culminate in an optional weekend retreat on Nova
Scotia’s beautiful South Shore.

Locations:

Mahone Bay: Weekly 3-hour classes starts on Thursday, February 5th and
ends on Thursday, March 26th, between 6-9 p.m. Location TBA.

Halifax: Weekly 3-hour classes start on Friday, February 6th and end
on Friday, March 27th, between 6-9 p.m. They will meet at the GPI
Atlantic office at 3008 Oxford St, Suite 203 (corner of Oxford and
Cork, near Local Joes Cafe)

Cost:

Sliding scale, $140-$180 for the eight meetings. Everybody is welcome
regardless of ability to pay.

Registration:

Limited space available in both locations. For more information and to
register, contact Saskia Tait and Shahar Rabi:
info at newearthinstitute.ca; Tel: 902-489-2524