[Sust-mar] This Weds: Protecting the Environment: Lessons from the Fraser Riverkeeper

Tamara Lorincz TLORINCZ at DAL.CA
Mon Jul 27 09:10:34 EDT 2009

PLEASE CIRCULATE - Thank you!

**********

Protecting the Environment: Lessons from the Fraser Riverkeeper

Date:  July 29, 2009
Time:  7:30-9:00 PM
Location: Room 104, Dalhousie Law School
6061 University Avenue
Halifax

Free public event

Come and hear from Doug Chapman, B.C. Fraser Riverkeeper &
Environmental Lawyer,
share his stories on how he has worked to protect the environment and
watershed
of the "Mighty" Fraser River in Vancouver, British Columbia and learn
about the
Waterkeeper program. Find out more about what we can do to protect our
watersheds, water quality and fish habitat in Nova Scotia.
Citizen-based Fraser
Riverkeeper works to protect and enhance the ecological health and
integrity of
the Fraser River and its tributaries for the enjoyment and benefit of its
Fraser Valley and British Columbia communities. Its works collaboratively to
ensure that communities maintain control over their local waterway when
threatened by development, industrialization, or pollution. The Fraser
Riverkeeper works with water-based communities to find effective solutions to
local problems. Fraser Riverkeeper is a licensed member of the international
Waterkeeper Alliance.

Organized by the East Coast Environmental Law Association (ECELAW). More
information at www.ecelaw.ca

Contact: Brigid Wilkinson, Workshop Coordinator
ECELAW
www.ecelaw.ca
workshop at ecelaw.ca

****************

Tamara Lorincz
Executive Director, Nova Scotia Environmental Network (NSEN)
Sessional Instructor, Dalhousie University 2009
BA, BComm, MBA, LLB
55 Willowbend Court
Halifax, NS CANADA B3M 3L3
Phone: (902) 443-2423
Cell: (902) 478-1379
tlorincz at dal.ca
ECJ: http://www.ecojustice.ca
GN: http://www.space4peace.org/
HPC: http://hfxpeace.chebucto.org/
NSEN: http://www.nsen.ca
"A better world is possible"

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" -
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.