[Sust-mar] FW: SOS from NB Lung Association re pesticides

Liz Smith liz.smith at nb.lung.ca
Mon Jun 1 13:47:27 EDT 2009

Please distribute - with apologies for cross-postings!

Good Day:

I am sending this quick e-mail in the hope that you will pass it along to
others in your network that are interested in seeing a ban on the sale and
use of pesticides for lawns and landscapes (cosmetic purposes) in New
Brunswick. What we really need is to show the premier that he would have
support to put in legislation at least as strong as that of Ontario.

A quick call to the premier's office at (506) 453-2144 as soon as possible
would be very helpful.  The government will be announcing its proposed
legislation this week or next as the house rises on the 12th.

All you need to say is you're a New Brunswick resident and you want a
pesticide ban that’s as strong as the one in Ontario. You don’t need to get
into any discussion. If he's not there, please just leave a message with his
staff or voicemail.

If you'd prefer to send an e-mail, the Premier’s e-mail is
Shawn.Graham at gnb.ca . Again, the message is simply that you want a pesticide
ban that’s as strong as Ontario’s.

If you want to go the extra mile, please copy the Environment Minister:
roland.hache at gnb.ca or call him at: (506) 444-5136

Thanks very much for your help!

Regards,
Liz Smith