[Sust-mar] EAC Office Coordinator job posting - please circulate

Charlene Boyce Young membermail at ecologyaction.ca
Wed May 6 15:26:01 EDT 2009

*Ecology Action Centre Office Coordinator
*
*Job Posting
*
The Ecology Action Centre, established in 1971, is Nova Scotia's largest
and most active environmental organization. We are seeking a full-time
Office Coordinator. The position is a 14 month educational leave
replacement.
*Overview of the Position
*
This position is central to the effective functioning of the Ecology
Action Centre. It reports to the Internal Director and works closely
with all core staff.
*_EAC Office Coordinator Responsibilities
_*
In addition to supporting the overall functioning of the Ecology Action
Centre and other duties as required, the Office Coordinator has four
primary areas of responsibility:

*Office maintenance & information management* involves ensuring the
smooth functioning of the centre and maintaining a welcoming space for
staff and volunteers. This includes organizing and maintaining the
physical space, office systems and general communications; ensuring a
smoothly functioning IT system; and orienting new staff and volunteers
on office procedures.

*Financial record keeping *responsibilities are in close collaboration
with our Financial Director and fall into the category of general
bookkeeping, such as petty cash reconciliations, processing memberships
and donations, tax receipting, data entry and invoicing.
*
Volunteer coordination *managing our team of Front Desk volunteers;
attracting, appreciating, and managing volunteers; coordinating
volunteer tasks; and working closely with the Volunteer Committee.

*Acting as the public face at EAC* coordinating our response to public
inquiries and visitors; and assisting with other membership and outreach
activities.

*Skills Required
*

    * Excellent organizational skills
    * Creativity and ability to take initiative
    * Excellent interpersonal communication skills
    * Friendly, outgoing, detail oriented, energetic, motivated, team
      orientated, conscientious, and with a sense of humour.
    * Environmentally concerned with knowledge of and desire to inform
      the public on environmental issues (preferred).

*Start Date: *June 22, 2009

*End Date: *early September 2010

*Hours and Wage: *35 hours/week at $15/hour; this position receives four
weeks paid vacation per year and is eligible for EAC’s staff benefits
package.

*Location:* Halifax, Nova Scotia

*Application Deadline: *May 26, 2009 at 4:00pm

*Application: * Please e-mail cover letter, resume and contact
information for two references to Maggy Burns, EAC Internal Director at
centre at ecologyaction.ca <mailto:info at ecologyaction.ca>
<mailto:info at ecologyaction.ca>

The Ecology Action Centre* *is committed to employment equity and
encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such
as women, visible minorities, First Nations, and persons with disabilities.

We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only
short-listed applicants will be contacted.
--
Maggy Burns, Ecology Action Centre
Internal Director

Are you a member of the EAC? We need your
support to continue our work! Please join,
renew or donate today. Call (902) 429-2202
http://www.ecologyaction.ca/content/become-member