[Sust-mar] FW: Send-Off to Copenhagen! Climate Rally and Information Night

Ellen durkee ellen_durkee at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:20:00 EST 2009

Hello all,

Please forward this to anyone on your contact list who is concerned about Climate Change. We need to get the message to the people who can do something about Climate Change. I hope to See a lot of you there! Bring friends and as many letters as you can for Elizabeth to carry to Copenhagen. The press as well as a lot of notable Nova Scotians will be on hand to wish Elizabeth luck. Be a part of this historic event!

Ellen Durkee

Join/Renew | Donate | Get a Lawn Sign | Volunteer | Find Your Riding | elizabethmay.ca | Contact Us

Date & Time
Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 7:30pm - 9:30pm

Host
Green Party of Canada

Location
Quality Inn Halifax Airport Hotel
60 Sky Blvd, Goffs, Nova Scotia
(Map)

Contact
Marlene Wells (marlene.wells at greenparty.ca)
Climate change is the #1 threat to our planet, killing our forests, destroying our oceans, intensifying storms, depleting food supplies, diminishing rain forests, massive dislocation of populations, and animal distinction.

Come out and send a clear message to the Canadian government that YOU expect strong climate leadership for an effective international climate treaty - not more obstructions, delays, and excuses! Enough is enough, time is running out!

Elizabeth May – Co-author of Global Warming for Dummies, former Executive Director of the Sierra Club of Canada, and current Green Party of Canada Leader- will be on a flight lay-over on her way to Copenhagen on December 10th.  Please come to a gathering of socially conscience people from all over Nova Scotia at 7:30 in Salon 200, Airport Hotel, Halifax.

Find out about the science, policies, and politics surrounding the most important global summit of the 21st century, the United Nations Conference on Climate Change in Copenhagen from December 7 to 18, 2009.

Copenhagen presents the most crucial opportunity at a pivotal time in the planet's future to create a successor treaty to the Kyoto Accord to move the planet towards a solution before runaway global warming takes effect and we run out of time.

YOUR participation at this event will help to ensure that the Canadian government is forced to become a climate leader, not remain an international embarrassment. Write a letter containing your concerns and bring it along! Halifax to Copenhagen is a long ways; Elizabeth can read your thoughts and be ready to deliver your letters to Environment Minister Jim Prentice at the Copenhagen Conference.

(Click to read a newspaper article about a recent rally in Victoria and the mass of support that is stirring the collective desires of the people of Canada.)

Please recruit your friends, family, co-workers, and classmates to come out!  The more the merrier!

Please RSVP to Marlene Wells (marlene.wells at greenparty.ca).

Renew | Donate | Privacy Statement | Unsubscribe | Vision Green | Contact Us