[Sust-mar] Volunteers, Cooks & Bike Wizards, Cycling Tour Training Week, Sept 7 - 13, Otesha, Fredericton NB

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Aug 25 11:41:14 EDT 2010

[as posted to PlanetVolunteer.net ]

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES

Bikes, Sustainability, Food!

Volunteer positions during  Cycling Tour Training Week in Fredericton

Sept. 7 - 13,, 2010, Fredericton, New Brunswick

Do you dream of a world where everyone gets around on bikes, gets excited about composting and thinks about how their everyday choices impact the greater world? If so, this fall come help The Otesha Project continue to make this dream a reality.

The Otesha Project is a youth-led organization that brings people together for cycling/performing tours which empower communities to make more environmentally and socially responsible decisions in their daily lives. This fall, from Sept 7th to Sept 13th a new crop of sustainability advocates is descending upon Fredericton to prepare for the Highlands and Islands tour. This cycling and performing tour will have them pedalling through New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia to spread their messages of social justice and environmental sustainability with The Otesha Project's play, Reason to Dream. First, the group must come together to prepare for this journey at the jam packed training week in Fredericton.

For the training week, The Otesha Project is looking for enthusiastic, energized individuals to help make sure that training week runs as smoothly as a well greased bike chain. Volunteer activities include cooking delicious, organic food and help setting up the training site and activities. No previous experience is required. The best part: you will be surrounded by like-minded individuals who love to share energy and enthusiasm.

Could this be you?

* Bike Wizard: They've got lots of bike fixing knowledge and will lead or help lead a bike maintenance workshop!

* Cook Masterminds: Getting creative with donated and bulk foods, we'll be cooking vegan-style all week long. The team doesn't have time to cook as their training is rather intensive, so they really need your help.

* Donation Questers: Seeking food that could other wise be thrown away, or donations that stores can provide!

Please contact Katrina at otesha.ca for more information, or call (613) 237 6065.

The Otesha Project

http://Otesha.ca

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS

http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

Un-subscribe: planetfriendly.net/goodworkunsubscribe.html

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca