[Sust-mar] Corporate Campaigner, f/t, Dogwood Initiative, Saint John, New Brunswick

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Dec 17 15:08:08 EST 2010

[from Canada's Green Job Site, GoodWorkCanada.ca]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Corporate Campaigner

Location: Saint John, New Brunswick

Date posted: Dec 17th, 2010

Closing date: Jan 7th, 2011

Salary: $37,200, plus benefits

Job type: Full-time

Start Date: As soon as possible

Dogwood Initiative is a BC based non-profit organization that helps Canadians exercise local control to develop common-ground solutions and healthy and prosperous communities.

Dogwood Initiative is looking for a Corporate Campaigner to play a key role in our innovative work. This work seeks to address the root causes of problems and to unite historically antagonistic sectors. Reporting to the No Tankers Campaign Director and working closely with Dogwood Initiative's staff and volunteers the Corporate Campaigner will coordinate and implement all of Dogwood Initiative's eastern Canadian based and Tar Sands focused corporate campaigns, specifically those regarding Enbridge Inc.

We seek candidates who possess the following:

- A demonstrated commitment, knowledge and passion for environment, social justice, land reform, community and First Nations issues;

- Previous experience in environmental, political, social justice and/or human rights campaign work;

- Community organizing experience - organizing and mobilizing support from the public and working with the media;

- Efficiency and experience with computer based research and communications;

- Ability to relate effectively, work collaboratively and build relationships with people from diverse sometimes antagonistic backgrounds including local and provincial government, First Nations, corporations, community leaders and environmentalists;

- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills, including the ability to demystify complex ideas;

- Excellent oral communication skills including good public speaking, presentation and facilitation skills, as well as strong listening abilities;

- Ability to deal with stressful situations, remain calm and think on your feet in a fast-paced, creative environment;

- Ability to work independently, establish priorities strategically, and proceed with objectives without supervision, yet participate effectively as part of a team;

- Experience in creative thinking/ problem solving and strategic planning;

Salary: $37,200 plus benefits;

Dogwood Initiative is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, political belief, age, gender, sexual orientation or class. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the Canada.

Please email a résumé, three references, and a short (1 page maximum) cover letter about why you would like to join our team and why you are a strong candidate for the job to:

Matt Takach Operations Director

matt at dogwoodinitiative.org

When submitting your application please name and save your attachments with your first and last name in the title, such as: "Ann_Smith_Cover_Letter.doc" and "Ann_Smith_Resume.doc."

Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No phone calls please.

http://www.dogwoodinitiative.org/aboutus/dogwoodjobs

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS

http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

Un-subscribe: planetfriendly.net/goodworkunsubscribe.html

Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca