[Sust-mar] Business Developer for a Renewable Energy Co-op in New Brunswick, f/t, New Brunswick
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Feb 2 15:40:50 EST 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
Position: Business Developer for a Renewable Energy Co-op
Organization: Community Energy Co-operative of New Brunswick
Location: Knowlesville, New Brunswick
Description: The Community Energy Cooperative of New
Brunswick Limited (CEC) is seeking a highly motivated
business developer / entrepreneur interested building our
cooperative into a leader in small to medium scale renewable
energy services in New Brunswick.
We are a registered limited cooperative business dedicated
to see investment and participation in renewable energy and
energy efficiency projects in New Brunswick.
The ideal candidate has:
* Proven leadership experience and personal motivation
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience in market research and development of new lines
* An interest in training in renewable energy technology and
* An interest in community-based initiatives and able to
work with a variety of groups and government agencies.
* A desire to work with volunteers who are sincere and
hard-working but are not able to devote full-time to this
* Practical experience in the field of renewable energy and
* Interest in participating in training in renewable energy
* Experience or interest in working with cooperatives
The coordinator position is an opportunity for the right
person to build a renewable energy co-op business starting
from 5 years of research and development by CEC members.
* Work with consultants and contractors to expand our lines
of business and shift from grant funding to revenue streams
* Assist with coordination of renewable energy installer workshops
* Secure clients for renewable energy installations
* Hold quarterly meetings with CEC staff and board and
annual meetings with general membership
* Submit grants to funding agencies
* Increase membership of the CEC
* Promote renewable energy and energy efficiency through
collaborations with Falls Brook Centre
* Build revenue streams for the CEC
Initial remuneration will be secured for 6 months to
kick-start the business, leading to long-term employment
based on successful performance. Starting salary based on
experience will be $30,000 to $35,000 per annum, pro-rated.
Starting date March 1st, 2010. Applications will be accepted
Please send your applications to:
Community Energy Cooperative of New Brunswick Ltd
107 South Knowlesville Road
Knowlesville NB E7L 1B1
Email: tegan at communityenergynb.ca
Phone: (506) 375-8623 / 375-7383
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at
PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:
(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.
(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.
(3) Contribute if you can: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html
POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:
GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html
GOODWORK LIST INFO:
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:
GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.
Please make your cheque payable to: People and Planet,
PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada K1S 5N1.
Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html
Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)
TERMS & CONDITIONS: The information provided in this message
is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational
purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada")
is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness,
completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability
of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen
or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you
decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any
other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your
responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against
injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our
full Terms & Conditions: http://Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online.
Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 10178
More information about the sust-mar