[Sust-mar] Energy & Climate Change Coordinator, f/t, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax NS
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Feb 16 16:09:36 EST 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
Position: Energy and Climate Change Coordinator
Organization: Ecology Action Centre http://www.ecologyaction.ca
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Ecology Action Centre is seeking a permanent and
full-time energy and climate change coordinator.
The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is a leading voice within
the province of Nova Scotia on climate change and energy
policy. The EAC promotes sustainable energy to meet
environmental goals, while enhancing the economic
development of Nova Scotian communities.
The Energy and Climate Change Coordinator will principally
focus on energy and climate change policy in the
electricity, industrial and building sectors.
Responsibilities also include project development, coalition
building, coordination and fundraising in cooperation with
Atlantic Canadian partners, the EAC's Energy Issues
Committee and energy project staff.
The coordinator reports to the Ecology Action Centre Energy
Issues Committee (EIC).
* Work in the beautiful city of Halifax in the EAC's
eco-renovated office with 25 other dedicated staff
* EAC's decentralized organizational structure provides
opportunities for flexibility, autonomy, and creativity
* Work with other energy and climate change coordinators in
New England and Eastern Canada through the Atlantic Canada
Sustainable Energy Coalition
* Work with Climate Action Network Canada and environmental
organizations nationally and internationally
* Generous vacation and benefits package
* Monitoring, researching and shaping climate change and
energy policy in Nova Scotia
* Communications through media, website and publications
* Participation in stakeholder consultations and advisory
boards, including utility board interventions
* Coalition building
* Liaising with national, international and regional
* Identifying strategic opportunities to reduce GHG emissions
* Managing project finances, volunteer activities and fundraising
* Project oversight and development
* Identifying fundraising opportunities for the position
* Participating in and supporting the overall work of the
Ecology Action Centre.
Skills and Experience
* Previous experience in climate change and energy policy
* Knowledge of provincial politics
* Knowledge of climate change, demand side management,
energy efficiency, and renewable energy issues
* Proven ability to write media releases and liaise with the media
* Proven campaigning and strategic thinking skills
* Effective at networking and coalition-building
* Ability to work under deadlines and self-motivated
* Fundraising and grant-writing experience
* Strong time management skills and an ability to
effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Masters degree or equivalent work related experience
Start: late March 2010
Wage: $40,000 per annum
Four weeks paid vacation
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Application: Cover letter, resume and three references
Deadline: 9 March 2010, 4pm
Attention: Jamie Thomson, EIC Board Representative,
jthomson at eastlink.ca, with subject line: Energy Coordinator
The Ecology Action Centre is committed to employment equity
and encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented
groups such as women, visible minorities, First Nations, and
persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however
only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews
will take place the week of March 15th.
The Ecology Action Centre was founded in 1971 and is one
of Nova Scotia's most active environmental organizations.
The Centre welcomes new members and volunteers:
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at
PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:
(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.
(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.
(3) Contribute if you can: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html
POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:
GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html
GOODWORK LIST INFO:
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:
GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.
Please make your cheque payable to: People and Planet,
PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada K1S 5N1.
Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html
Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)
TERMS & CONDITIONS: The information provided in this message
is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational
purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada")
is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness,
completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability
of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen
or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you
decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any
other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your
responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against
injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our
full Terms & Conditions: http://Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online.
Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 10287
More information about the sust-mar