[Sust-mar] Communications Officer, f/t, Gulf of St. Lawrence Coalition on Sustainability, Moncton NB
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jan 25 16:23:26 EST 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
Position: Communication and Event Planning Officer
Organization: Southern Gulf of St.Lawrence Coalition
on Sustainability (SGSLCS) http://www.coalition-sgsl.ca
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Deadline to apply: February 5, 2010
You are highly motivated and enjoy working with the public.
You have experience working with volunteers and community
groups. The Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence Coalition on
Sustainability (Coalition-SGSL) is seeking an experienced
and dynamic person to fill the role of Communication and
Event Planning Officer.
The Coalition-SGSL is a not-for-profit, charitable coalition
of partners whose common purpose is to promote the long-term
economic, social and ecological viability of the Southern
Gulf of St. Lawrence ecosystem, which runs between Gaspe,
Quebec and Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia.
The Communication and Event Planning Officer is a
new position that is central to the delivery of this
organisation's mandate. It requires an action-oriented
person who will, under the guidance of the Executive
Director, accomplish a number of tasks. Generally, these
consist of engaging various stakeholders and volunteers by
effectively communicating with the Coalition membership and
with the general public, increasing the Coalition-SGSL's
visibility in the region and assisting the Coalition-SGSL's
Working Groups, Steering Committee and Management
Candidates will be selected based on the following criteria:
* Develop, write and update website content.
* Research, write and distribute Messenger Newsletter. ,
* Solicit information and input from Coalition-SGSL members
for inclusion into the Newsletter
* Develop, write and distribute strategic publications for
* Outreach and network with members.
* Assist Executive Director in all communications related
* Assist Working Group Chair with planning, organising,
executing and follow-up on Working Group bi-monthly
* Assist Executive Director with planning, organising,
executing and follow-up on Steering Committee and Management
* Assist Secretariat with planning, organising, executing
and follow-up on various events, such as the Annual General
Meeting, one time themed workshops, conference sessions, and
* Assist Executive Director in all event planning-related
* Excellent fluencies in French and English, written and
* Diploma in communications and/or event planning, or
experience in outreach, communication and event planning.
* Friendly manner, efficient, mature, creative and
* Knowledge of environmental, social and/or economic issues
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
and to communicate effectively with members.
* Organizational skills, networking, research and
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage timelines
* Proficiency with basic communication software and
electronic skills, ie: Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS
Access, Webcura and Internet Explorer.
1. Applicants must have Canadian citizenship.
2. Full-time, flexible hours -- 37.5 hrs per week.
3. Salary range $28,000. -- $32,000 gross annually depending
4. Informal setting; location and materials provided.
5. Possibility of working from home occasionally.
6. Reports directly to the Executive Director.
Location: Moncton, New Brunswick
For more information on the Coalition-SGSL, please visit
their website at: http://www.coalition-sgsl.ca/
Southern Gulf of St.Lawrence Coalition on Sustainability
057 Pavillon P.A. Landry
Université de Moncton
Moncton NB E1A 3E9
coord at coalition-sgsl.ca
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at
PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:
(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.
(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.
(3) Contribute if you can: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html
POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:
GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html
GOODWORK LIST INFO:
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:
GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.
Please make your cheque payable to: People and Planet,
PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada K1S 5N1.
Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html
Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)
TERMS & CONDITIONS: The information provided in this message
is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational
purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada")
is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness,
completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability
of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen
or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you
decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any
other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your
responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against
injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our
full Terms & Conditions: http://Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online.
Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 10117
More information about the sust-mar