[Sust-mar] Talk by Michael Haynes - New Trails and Hiking Opportunities in the HRM

Brian Mrkonjic brian_mrkonjic at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 12:53:59 EDT 2010

Talk by Michael Haynes - New Trails and Hiking Opportunities in HRM

Michael Haynes will present on new trails and hiking opportunities in HRM at the NS Museum of Natural History on Wednesday, July 14 at 7 PM.

Most residents of the Halifax Regional Municipality believe they must travel to relatively remote locations in order to enjoy high-quality outdoor experiences. In fact, within HRM are the most successful trail developments in Nova Scotia of the past decade – the conversion of abandoned rail lines to shared-use trails and the creation of back-country footpaths in Wilderness Protected Areas.  In this presentation, Michael Haynes will profile many of the wonderful walking trails that have been developed within HRM since 1995, showing where we started from and where we are headed.

Please refer to the Hike Nova Scotia website (www.hikenovascotia.ca)for further details.