[Sust-mar] Educ. Coordinator, Sackville Rivers Assoc., Nova Scotia
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jul 5 18:16:09 EDT 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, GoodWorkCanada.ca]
Position: Education Coordinator
Organization: Sackville Rivers Association http://www.sackvillerivers.ns.ca
Location: Sackville, Nova Scotia
Responsible to and reports to the Executive Director
* Promotes, coordinates and implements school program, Fish Friends and River Rangers
* Contacts schools to renew interest, make presentations and coordinate field trips with teachers
* Implements annual evaluations and collates data
* Regularly monitors classroom systems
* Assists in recruiting volunteers
* Evaluates and inventories all school equipment bi-annually
* Sets up, installs, cleans and dismantles aquariums and equipment in a minimum of 15 schools, SRA office and community centre
* Develops and delivers presentations and organizes guest lecturers, as requested
* Provides resources for and coordinates the work of two assistants
* Prepare invoices for school fees
* Other duties as required
* Must be able to identify local aquatic invertebrates and teach people of all ages
* Must be able to facilitate experiential learning to groups of over 30 of adults, children and volunteers
* Must be able to deliver educational presentations
* Must have computer skills especially word, excel and email
* Must be able to develop and monitor budgets
* Must have an undergraduate or college degree in a related discipline, a Bachelor of Education would be considered an asset
* Must be able to work with children, parents and teachers
* Must have a valid drivers license and a vehicle
* Must provide a current criminal record check and agree to a child abuse record check
* Must be able to work flexible hours
Approximately 30 hours per week for 40 weeks annually. To be determined. Please include an hourly wage range expectation in your letter of application.
Applications will be accepted until July 20.
Please send resumes to Carla Conrod, Executive Director, Sackville Rivers Association, PO Box 45071, Sackville, NS B4E 2Z6 (preferred) or to sackvillerivers at ns.sympatico.ca. No phone calls please. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.
GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 11630
More information about the sust-mar