[Sust-mar] Transit Scan Consultant, Ecology Action Centre, Nova Scotia
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Jul 28 12:41:23 EDT 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, GoodWorkCanada.ca]
Contract: Transit Scan Consultant
Organization: Ecology Action Centre and Community Transit - Nova Scotia
Location: Nova Scotia
The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) is a leading voice in Nova Scotia on environmental issues. The TRAX project at the EAC is working alongside Community Transit - Nova Scotia (formerly Nova Scotia Community Based Transportation Association) to assess the state of public transportation services offered in Nova Scotia. This project is funded through the Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program (NS-TRIP).
Presently, unless residents of Nova Scotia live within HRM, most are relegated to dependence on the private automobile. This situation needs to change both for the ecological health of the province and to allow persons who do not or cannot drive to be full contributing members of our society. Community Transit and TRAX aim to champion existing services and encourage the formation of additional services to link all communities within Nova Scotia in a continuous network. The deliverables from this contract will help in this effort.
There are three deliverables for this project:
* A schematic diagram outlining existing transportation service provision including public transit, private bus and vanpool systems
* A business case study detailing why Nova Scotia needs a central transportation information clearinghouse
* A report outlining options that have been used to provide affordable, accessible transportation services in other jurisdictions
In reaching these deliverables, the Project Coordinator will need to:
* Liaise with transportation service providers throughout Nova Scotia
* Conduct surveys with transportation service users
* Develop recommendations
* Report to project partners. Direct reporting will be to a Transportation Issues staff person at the Ecology Action Centre
* Research transportation service provision in other jurisdictions
* Prepare and publicly present the final report
Skills and Experience:
* Experience making schematic diagrams---experience with GIS an asset
* Knowledge of Nova Scotia transportation systems
* Experience developing business model scenarios; persuasive writing
* Research skills, including proficiency with citations
* Personable; ability to connect with service providers and conduct interviews
* Survey skills, including developing, conducting and interpreting
Duration: Project must be presented to funder in early October; final documents must be completed by end of October.
Contract Amount: $3000
Location: Nova Scotia. The EAC is based in Halifax but work can be completed remotely. Some travel required.
Closing Date: Cover letters and résumés must be received by Wednesday, August 4 at 4:30pm. Applications should be sent to grants at ecologyaction.ca and addressed to Jen Powley.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held during the second week of August.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.
GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 11847
More information about the sust-mar