[Sust-mar] Organic Transition Coordinator, ACORN, Sackville NB
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jun 7 12:54:30 EDT 2010
[from Canada's Green Job Site, GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
Position Title: Organic Transition Coordinator
Employer: ACORN http://www.acornorganic.org
Location: 43 Main St., Suite D, Sackville, New Brunswick
Position Type: Part-time contract position (possible renewal dependent on funding)
Remuneration: $18/hr (contractor must issue invoices)
Hours: Approximately 20hrs/week, with some evening/weekend and travel required, as needed. There is a possibility that more hours could be added, if funding received.
Posting Date: June 1, 2010
Closing Date: June 15, 2010
Contract Dates: July 12, 2010 -- March 31, 2011
Position Summary: ACORN is seeking an out-going, motivated individual to provide outreach and information to farmers and new entrants interested, or considering, certified organic certification. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and Organic Transition Specialist to develop a strategy for outreach, materials to support growers, and ensure the execution of the strategy. This position is funded through the NRC-IRAP program.
About ACORN: ACORN is a non-profit membership-based organization that works to promote and grow the organic agriculture sector in Atlantic Canada.
- Respond to phone and email questions on organic production (Note: all agronomy questions will be referred to the Organic Specialist)
- Work with the Organic Specialist and ED to develop transition strategy
- Promote broad awareness of organic transition program in region
- Work closely with Organic Specialist in generating new resources and updating existing documents
- Create new print and web resources
- Update the Allowable Inputs Directory (http://acornorganic.org/acorn/index.html)
- Update website and other web media with key information/resources
- Create workshop curriculum, including slide shows and speaking notes
- Develop and promote kitchen table meetings in Atlantic Canada
- Present workshops and lead kitchen table meetings
- Develop information package for users of the organic transition program
- Organize farm visits/travel for the Organic Specialist as required
- Follow-up with users of the organic transition program services
- Document activities and program results for funder metrics (NRC)
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of, and comfort working with, the Canada Organic Standards and Permitted Substances List
- Agricultural experience with organic and non-organic production systems
- Experience with organic audit trail/record-keeping a strong asset
- Strong computer proficiency including word processing, database management, internet applications, web updating, social media applications etc.
- Excellent written communication and formatting skills
- Comfortable with on-line and telephone communications
- Comfort with public speaking and workshop development
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple projects
- Takes initiative
- Educational/teaching experience is an asset
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
- Driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
Email resume and cover letter in a single document (Word or PDF) to:
admin at acornorganic.org
Attn: Beth McMahon, ACORN
We thank all applicants for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample and three professional references.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.
GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 11364
More information about the sust-mar