[Sust-mar] Coastal Zone Canada 2010, 25-29 July 2010 in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Claudette LeBlanc leblancc at ca.inter.net
Sat Jun 12 08:06:44 EDT 2010

You are invited to participate in and contribute to "Coastal Zone Canada
2010: Healthy Oceans - Strong Coastal Communities", being held in
Charlottetown fron 25 to 29 July 2010. CZC 2010 comes at a critical time for
our coastal ecosystems.  Global warming, sea level rise, ocean
acidification, loss of biodiversity, resource depletion, man-made disasters
and many other factors threaten our coastal waters and those who depend upon
them for their livelihood. CZC 2010 will bring scientists, policy makers,
students, fishers, and many others with vested interests in the health of
our oceans to discuss, debate, present and collectively enhance our
understanding of those threats and to determine how we can best mitigate and
adapt to them.  Keynote speakers and panelists at the Conference include
journalist and author Alanna Mitchell ("Sea Sick: The Global Ocean Crisis")
and the Honourable David MacDonald.

CZC 2010 will generate a strong and collective call for action that will be
informed by our discussions and by active social networking throughout the
Conference.  Our 'call' will be a blueprint for action that will be
delivered to all those with responsibilities for the sustainability and
maintenance of our priceless coastal ecosystems.

Join us in PEI from July 25-29 and be a part of the solution.  Visit
http://www.gov.pe.ca/czc2010/ for the most up-to-date information on the
Conference, including the Program.