[Sust-mar] Upcoming Events

Falls Brook Centre fallsbrook at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 12:45:49 EDT 2010

Falls Brook Centre News
1.1 Energy Efficiency Workshop
1.2 International Youth Internship Program Begins
1.3 International Earth Week
1.4 Jack Stafford Plays FBC

RiVA News
2.1. RiVA's first AGM
2.2 Arts We Grow
2.3 CCMF seeks volunteers
2.4 New blog for Woodstock events
2.5 Upcoming at McCain Gallery
2.6 Live Music at Dooly's Woodstock
2.7 RiVA online

Carleton County News
3.1 Hospital Fund Raiser
3.2 Noon Hour Book Club
3.3 Meduxnekeag River Association Dinner Auction
3.4 Funstage
3.5 Nackawic Fireman's Breakfast
3.6 CV Arts "Men of the Deeps"
3.7 The Miramichi Headwaters Salmon Federation  Annual Silent Auction & Dinner

1. FBC News
1.1 Energy Efficiency Workshop
Join Falls Brook Centre and Efficiency NB for a look at the energy
efficiency of the River Valley Arts Alliance's Artist Coopertative
building, 702 Main Street, and learn ways to improve your own home's
efficiency! The workshop is from 9:30-4pm(registration at 9:00am) on
Saturday April 10th. See our RE Workshops page
(http://fallsbrookcentre.ca/empowerment/index.htm) for more
information or to register please contact dana at fallsbookcentre.ca or
call 506-375-4310.

1.2 International Youth Internship Program
The first wave of Interns arrives at Falls Brook Centre to begin their
local rural living experience and training in preparation for their
overseas placement.

1.3 International Earth Week:
April 19-22: Earth week celebrates our mother earth, everything she
has done for us and everything we can do for her. The Climate Change
Bus will begin it's 2010 season at a number of River Valley Schools.

1.4 April 28: Jack Stafford Plays at FBC: English troubadour Jack
Stafford stops in Knowlesville on his North American Tour. Show time:
7:30pm in the FBC Barn.  Suggested donation $10

2 RiVA News
2.1. RiVA's first AGM
RiVA will have its first annual general meeting on March 25th at
7:30pm at Saint James United Church. This is your chance to hear about
the latest
developments at 702 Main and vote on new members of the board of
directors. The meeting will be wrapped up in an hour, and memberships
will be available for purchase for those who haven't joined yet.

2.2 Arts We Grow
We are a Co-Op Not for profit Group of Moms and Kids who enjoy
Art...We meet every 3 weeks to explore and create in our own ways. For
Children ages 3-8. We decide as a group what we would like to learn
and explore. Any Funds needed, Organization, and Preparation is a
shared responsibility of its members.
For more information, contact Julie Clendenning at
clendenning at rogers.com or on facebook by searching "Arts We Grow."

2.3 Carleton County Music Festival needs YOU!
Hey there local art supporters! Just wanted to put a bug in your ear
about the Carleton County Music Festival, coming this April 12 - 27.
Over this two week period many young people will have the opportunity
to showcase their hard work in their various musical endeavours. The
CCMF committee relies on the help of volunteers to keep the festival
running smoothly. I'm sure that many of you have participated in the
festival over the years, now is your chance to give back!
We are looking for people to volunteer a few hours during the day to
do things like watch the door, check in participants and assist the
adjudicators. If you think you might have an hour or two to spare, and
would like to support young musicians in Carleton County then please
consider being a volunteer! Interested parties may contact Julie Craig
(julie.craig at gnb.ca), or any member of the CCMF committee. Thanks for
your consideration :D

2.4 New Blog Highlights Woodstock events
Nathan Delong has launched a new blog to discuss current events in
Woodstock. You can check it out at www.woodstock-nbevents.blogspot.com

2.5 Upcoming at McCain Gallery
This month we're offering children's workshops by the artists, Carol
and WhiteFeather, on March 27th, a Teacher's Night Out on April 15th
(the pilot of what we hope to become an Art Educator series, where
teachers get to sign up for a hands on art evening and leave with an
art lesson plan), a Saturday morning Family Workshop, a preschoolers
Stories in Art beginning upstairs in Library Storytime on April 16th,
and teen and adult volunteer opportunities. We are reopening on the
18th with Ex Corpore, an intriguing collaborative exhibition by Carol
Collicutt and WhiteFeather. The opening reception begins at 7pm, I
hope you all can make it out! For more information, visit
www.mccaingallery.com

2.6 Live Music at Dooly's Woodstock
Great bands from Carleton County and beyond!
April 3--countywide
April 17--Many Silk and Overdrive
May 1--southern comfort
May 15--the gunner boys
May 29--Dustin Jones and the Rising Tide

2.7 RiVA news online
We are revamping www.rivervalleyarts.net this spring. Stay tuned for
more Dooryard info, the dates are set for Aug.11th to 13th!

Carleton County News
3.1 Hospital Fund Raiser
The Pulse Cafe is once again selling tickets. This time the prize is
an Avon gift basket valued at $200.00 and donated by Tara Morris.
Tickets are on sale for $1.00 each and the draw will take place on
Friday April 2. All proceeds will go to an area of patients needs
within our hospital. It's open to everyone, except employees of the
Cafe. Come on in and take a chance. It is a beautiful basket and your
donation will be greatly appreciated.

3.2 Noon Hour Book Club
A brand new Noon Hour Book Club will be held on Tues. April 13th from
noon to 1 pm at the Hartland Library. Bring your lunch and share in
lively discussion. Class size limited to 10. April's selection will be
"Kiss the Joy as it Flies' by Sheree Fitch. For further information
contact our hosts Ann Ellis at aodcarind at aernet.ca or Betty Lou Craig
at blcraig at craigattachments.com the NB public library website is
http://vision.gnb.ca, phone: 375-4876

3.3 Meduxnekeag River Association Dinner & Auction
Our 2009 Dinner and Auction is set for April 19th at the Knights of
Columbus Hall in Woodstock. Tickets are $40 per person and are
available from any MRA Director or by contacting the MRA office. If
you'd like to donate an item to the live or silent auction, please
contact the MRA office.

3.4 Funstage
Ted and Marion Outerbridge – Magical Moments in Time. 90 Minute
show.Time: 7pm. Location: Woodstock Highschool Theatre Tickets are $12
each.  This group was here a couple of seasons ago and was a sell out.
  This time they are bringing their lighting director with promises of
lots of mind boggling illusions.

3.5 Nackawic Fireman's Breakfast
A fundraising breakfast at the Nackawic fire hall.  7:00am, Saturday,
April 17th, 2010.  Admission by donation.

3.6 CV Arts "Men of the Deeps"
The Men of the Deeps is a world-renowned choir of working and retired
coal miners from Cape Breton. Since 1967 the group has been singing of
the work and lifestyle of the Cape Breton coal miner to audiences
throughout North America. Their musical repertoire is gathered from
mining communities around the world. Many of the group's songs are
"home grown" - composed by contemporary Cape Breton bards or
traditional songs which trace their roots to their Celtic ancestors.
Tickets are available at: Andrew and Laura McCain Library,
Florenceville, Nissen's Market, Perth Andover, Acorn Books, Woodstock,
Brennan Contractors, Bristol or by to order tickets by phone or e-mail
or for more information: Pam Brennan 392-8801, brennan at nb.aibn.com,
Nancy McCauley 392-6130, mccauley at nb.sympatico.ca, Steve Braun
273-6668, brauns at nbnet.nb.ca, By mail, Make cheques payable to:
Carleton Victoria Arts Council C/o Lori O'Brien, 59 McLaughlin St.
Perth-Andover, NB E7H 3B6

3.7 The Miramichi Headwaters Salmon Federation  Annual Silent Auction & Dinner
The Miramichi Headwaters Salmon Federation is having their Annual
Silent Auction and dinner at the Juniper Rec Centre to raise money for
the conservation of salmon, brook trout and seatrout,  April 18th,
2-6pm. Cost $15 each poached salmon or roast beef your choice. Call
246-1805

If you have any questions about this email or an event you would like
to see promoted please send an email to dana at fallsbrookcentre.ca or
call 506-375-4310
--
Falls Brook Centre