[Sust-mar] Clean Nova Scotia Event

Tanya Canam tcanam at clean.ns.ca
Wed May 19 13:28:30 EDT 2010

Eco-Driving Rally & Green Vehicle Showcase

Do you think you're a more efficient driver than your brother or sister,
mother or father or maybe even your best friend? Prove it! Come out and
celebrate Canada Environment Week with DriveWiser where we will be
hosting an Eco-Driving Rally. This is a chance for you put your fuel
efficiency skills to the test and win prizes! Not interested in driving?
No problem! Come out to see the latest fuel efficient vehicles up close,
participate in a driving simulator and get some great food!

When: June 5th, 2010 between 10-2 pm

Where: 1325 Lower Water Street parking lot, next to NS Power

Why: To learn new efficiency skills and win some great prizes!

Who can participate? Anyone! As long as you have your own insured
vehicle** that is 1995 or newer and a valid driver's license. We will be
accepting 15 teams, first come first serve!

We will give you multiple checkpoints that you will need to visit during
the rally, so study up and find the most efficient way to each
checkpoint! Before you set off we will equip your vehicle with a
diagnostic tool which will monitor your fuel efficiency. The driver that
comes closest to their personal vehicle's Energuide rating wins the
rally!

Do you want to participate, but don't really know too many fuel
efficiency tips? No problem! We will be providing some great tips on how
you can drive the course efficiently before you set off. There will also
be a driving simulator on site that will help teach you how to drive
efficiently.

Don't forget to stick around where there will also be some of the latest
and greatest fuel sipping vehicles on display from Audi, Ford, Honda,
Smart, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen to check out up close! Everything
from hybrids to diesels and other types of fuel efficient technology
will be showcased. Experts will be on hand to answer any questions you
may have and will even bust a few myths in the process! If you like what
you see, or if you're just plain curious about how they drive, there
will be the opportunity or to book an appointment for a test drive.

There will also be an opportunity to get your oil and tire pressure
checked and there will be emissions testing on site so you can see just
how clean your vehicle is.

Saving gas and the environment can build up quite an appetite so there
will also be a BBQ put on by Auburn High school for a minimum donation
of $1. All proceeds will go to Auburn High's environment club.

If you are interested in signing up for the Eco-Rally or would like to
volunteer for the event, please contact Tanya Canam at 902-420-7924 or
tcanam at clean.ns.ca.

Tanya Canam

DrivewiseR - Program Coordinator

 www.drivewiser.ca

Clean Nova Scotia

126 Portland St.

Dartmouth.  NS.  B2Y 1H8

[B] 902.420.7924                             .

[F] 902.424.5334

Follow us on Twitter at:

http://twitter.com/DriveWiserNS