[Sust-mar] Ellen Page Screens Sludge Diet Nov. 7 at Park Lane

NSEN nsen at cen-rce.org
Thu Nov 4 08:15:00 EDT 2010

Reminder:

On behalf of Ellen Page, you are invited to a complimentary screening of
Mario Desmarais’ SLUDGE DIET.   I am co-hosting this event with Lil
MacPherson of the Wooden Monkey on Sunday, November 7th 2010 showing at 7pm
at the Park Lane Theatre on Spring Garden Road in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

The film, Tabou (e)! (Sludge Diet) is a professional, one-hour documentary
made in Québec by Mario Desmarais about the agricultural use of treated
municipal sewage sludge, or biosolids. In Nova Scotia, some of the local
foods like dairy and meats are being raised using treated municipal sewage
and much of our imported produce, grains, meats and dairy are as well.

Organizers are hoping that Halifax’s municipal government and other local
politicians will take this opportunity to attend, to ask questions and to
hear the concerns and questions posed by the citizens of Halifax.  During
the discussion period following the film we can learn about some great
alternative uses for our sewage waste.

Microbiologist, Dr. David Lewis, will also attend and elucidate some of his
findings about the use of biosolids in the agricultural industry in the
United States including his claim with the federal courts that the
Environmental Protection Agency fraudulently manipulated scientific data in
an effort to cover up proof that the use of biosolids failed to protect
public health.

The Nova Scotia Environmental Network’s Biosolids Caucus chair, Dr. Marilyn
Cameron, will also be on hand to help address some of the serious concerns
pertaining to the land application of biosolids from the Halifax Sewage
Treatment Plant, and other sources, on agricultural land in the province.

Please contact us if you should have any questions.  It is a great film and
we hope to see you there!

Regards,

Ellen Page,

c/o Lil MacPherson (tel) 902.444.3844 (email) lillymac41 at hotmail.com

       Marilyn Cameron (tel) 902.542.5330 (email)
p.m.cameron at ns.sympatico.ca